Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Briton, early October should be lovely - warm during the day and a little cooler at night. You might need a light jacket for the evening. Sea temperatures will still be quite warm and there is a slight chance of showers but they don't usually last long. The further south you go the warmer it will be.
hi Briton
october is a great time of year with nice daytimes and cooler evenings the weather can be a bit of a lottery but its great
have a look at my dvd,this was actually filmed in october 2004/and 2007 which is on my website this will give you an insite into what there is around the area of hisaronu/olu deniz fethiye region
its great if i say so myself :sun2
i went in october last year to hisaronu, weather was mainly good, think we had about 3 days on which it rained but usually didnt last that long and it was still warm :) i enjoyed it so much that i went back and just returned 3 days ago and am going again this october! cant of been that bad hey lol :) x
Weve just been to Holiday village Turkey which is near Sarigerme. Its only 20 mins from Dalaman airport which we found great as alot of resorts have long transfer times. It was great for the kids and the food was good. It was all inclusive aswell. You can only book through first choice so have a look on their web site.

Jo
I hope is is better early October this year than what it was last year at half term, when it rained virtually every day! I wish we had taken waterproofs!
my vote goes for Cirali..
Cirali is best descibed by this article from the Timesonline last year rating it as one of the ''top 20 beach holidays''

4 CIRALI, TURKEY
Far from the package-holiday hordes, Turkey has dozens of pristine beaches, among the finest of which is Cirali, a long stretch of fine white sand at the mouth of a towering canyon. The beach, an easy walk from the ruined city of Olympos, is a protected nesting ground for loggerhead turtles. After dark, lights on the shore are extinguished so as not to confuse the hatching babies. On a moonless night, the view of the Milky Way is phenomenal.

You'll find no banana boats or disco bars at Cirali, just a perfect two-mile beach lapped by clear blue water, and walking trails that will take you into the drama of the surrounding coastal mountains.

Cirali is a very small village located about 1 hours drive from Antalya ( 1.5 hrs from the Antalya airport ) and boasts a beautiful secluded 4 km beach, the ruins of Olympos, the flames of the Chimeara, as well as a protected area by the WWF for the nesting of the Caretta sea turtles.

It is a wonderful place for families and the mature traveller and is one of the last remaining villages on the med. coast that has not been taken over by mass tourism. Unfortunately mass tourism has changed the faces of so many beautiful areas along the coast with the build up of so many resorts.

article about Cirali...

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/detaylar.do?load=detay&link=145582

my photos :=))

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/1329830553/in/set-72157602793492234/
Thanks for the replys all, some useful information there. Seems I'm taking a bit of a chance weather wise but I'm hoping I might be able to bring things forward to September.

Good point there LizzyjoB...I've noticed that the transfer times can be quite long to Turkish resorts. I'll look into Sarigerme.
If you want somewhere which doesn't have a long transfer time and is good for families then maybe you could have alook at Bitez near bodrum. It is about 40 minutes from the airport and is a lovely little resort with a nice beach and lots of nice restaurants. It is also close to Bodrum, which is good for shopping, sightseeing and also has lovely places to eat.

I lived near Bodrum and October was always nice when I was there. we went back last october and had a couple of cooler days but mostly it was lovely. It does get a bit chilly at night so you wuld need a light jacket when you go out.

Kedi
we love akyaka its only 50 mins from dalaman too, prices are reasonable as its not too touristy, its in a conservation area so no high rise hotels or the usual package tours, its mainly diy or anatolian sky package , it has a fab beach and is fairly turkish and very scenic with a lovely riverside too. my daughter is 8 and is happy there, she loves the beach as its sandy and calm with no deep drops. weather in oct can be ok, the last 2 octs we have been caught in thunder storms for about 2-3 days out of a week, but still warm but previous octs to that were lovely, so you can never tell, im going to akyaka next mth and are looking at going to turkey in oct, maybe instanbul for a change im at the pricing up stage at the moment. take a look at these links, ive also put loads of photos in the gallery so have a look. good luck with where ever you pick

http://akyaka.com/index.php

http://www.turkuaz-guide.net/gokova.html

just a comment about bitez as we went there in may for a day, its no where near as scenic as akyaka, with a stoney beach not great for kids, ellie hated it and wouldnt go in the sea there and very expensive there compared to most places ive been to in turkey and certainly way higher than akyaka, so really depends what you are looking for. have a good read up on all the resorts before you decide as everyone likes different things
I hope is is better early October this year than what it was last year at half term, when it rained virtually every day! I wish we had taken waterproofs!

Clearly depends on where you go, I was in Ovacik in October half term last year and we has bright sunshine every day and highs of 30.
We were in Olu deniz from 15 October last year and had a great weather. One storm at night but cleared quickly.
We were in Bodrum that time last year too and the weather was lovely, we had one thunderstorm during the night and the next day was windy and cloudy, apart from that it was lovely weather, we were in the pool every day.
this is what i said before although most of us have had good weather in october i have been there with the other side of the coin solid rain for 3 days hail stones the size of golf balls and no electric bloody great had to drink all my beer incase it got warm
but really it is a bit of a lottery with the odds on our side for good weather :sun2
I stayed in hisaronu in october half term, think we had about 3 days of rain, other days were fine, mainly rained on a night time although i hope its better this year as i like going in october as its not so busy yet not too quiet! x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.