Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi dirk digg ,we will need a wee bit more information ,such as ,s/c a/i ,if you like beach ,pool, nightlife ,trips ,shopping ,i am sure the members will be able to help you then .

Bluepeterno1 :cheers
Hi i normally go on self catering holidays and like to spend time around the pool , the resorts i normally go to are fammilly orientated ,more theme bars, familly bars,& restaurants, less clubs and stuff like that.
Although i normally go self catering if a good all inclusive is there i would love to try one for a change.
Me and my familly have now been on 4 thomson familly hotels holidays and thomson the dog is becoming very repetative , although i would still like some hotel based entertainment preferably in english.
If anyone can help that would be great.
The Club Belcekic Beach hotel (AI) and the resort of Olu Deniz had everything on your wish list. Although it is a Thomson Hotel so I guess Thomson the Dog will still be in evidence. ;) You can normally get it a bit cheaper by booking through http://www.portlanddirect.co.uk

Doe :wave:
Cheers Doe
I will give that a look sounds good , ive heard olu deniz is pretty good .
What is the cost of things ie food drinks in turkey as im used to majorca , corfu and that is getting to expensive .
many thanks Dirk
Olu Deniz is lovely and has a large beach where your kids can play safely. I'm going there for the 4th time in 2 years in July, my mate has a villa near it so it's cheap! Food and drink prices will be cheaper than most places you've been to but they fluctuate according to the time of year and whether the bar/restaurant is in the centre of town or not.

If you have a look at my mates website there are some links to pictures of Olu Deniz and surrounding areas taken from the air.

http://www.akasyavilla.co.uk/
I can also second Does recommendation of the belcekiz beach. Friendly staff and atmoshpere , in the centre of Olu so you have the best of both worlds, fantastic food and a late bar with great atmoshpere and dancing should you desire.

whilst Olu is my favourite resort If you choose self catering or B+B icmeler may also be worth a look .The resort is more geared towards the family self catering and B+B market as there are lots of family orientated bars and resturants with entertainment in many.
Cheers Zonda & Lynn both sounds great, getting some great ideas will have a good look at olu deniz & icmeler.
Hi again dirk digg :tup

I'm not an expert on prices in Turkey as the Belcekic Beach is an All Inclusive, although we did eat out a few times & did three full day trips. Went into Fethyie on the dolmus & up to Hisoranu a few times and got a cab to the ghost village of Kaya Koy.

It didn't seem much different to me from Crete where I went the year before on a very similar two week AI holiday, for a family of 4. Probably spent about 1000 pounds on top of what we paid for the hotel, but could have got away with much less. (my kids like things like Magnums, fresh orange juice, proper coke, 7Up :yikes etc that aren't included in an AI's menu )

I think the only way you can do things on the really cheap is if you go back to a place twice a year, year after year for yonks & yonks, get to know all the 'good' places and how to avoid all the 'rip off' places, but we go all over Europe as we like to ring the changes so cant do this. Moneywise it will probably be similar to Majorca or slightly less, doubt if it will be more.

The food at the BB is so good it doesn't really encourage you to go out, as a couple of meals we had out were no better than in our hotel. Although it is always nice to be waited on as opposed to the somewhat canteen effect of a buffet ,but then the BB has an a la carte that you can go to for a small supplement anyway.

We used to have our evening meal & then walk into the little town and go and have a few coffees/drinks/cocktails in the various bars they have there. Lovely. :tup

Going back this year to Olu Deniz, but to Club Lykia World, just hope its as good as the BB.

Good Luck, Doe :sun2
  • Edited by doe 2008-06-07 13:08:31
Hi Doe thanks very much again , cost of holidays in resorts getting sky high thats why i thought i would give Turkey a try , i will look the BB up see what it cost , it sounds really good and has great reviews .
Cheers for help Dirk
Your welcome, sorry I had to edit for rubbish spelling as ususal. I hope the spends didn't put you off. If you get a good quality AI and use it to the full you could halve that probably. Its nearly two summers since I went, but I'm sure 300 went to Thomson on trips and 100 in Fethyie market, on clothes that seemed like a good idea at the time, but have barely been on peoples backs since we got home. :rofl Also kids can manage without magnums etc. ;)
Hi dirk digg, Have a look at Babadan Apartments in Icmeler, you can either Book direct via their website site(the owners wife is English) or go through Thomson. The apartments are in an excellent location.

Les
We always go A/I and there are 5 of us but I dnt spend much over £200/300 in 2 weeks . most of that goes on shopping , tips , the odd trip , the odd bar of chocolate when we get the hankering for it usually about 6pm back in the room ;) , a few quid for the older 2 if they want to stay out later and a few drinks/ice lollies on the dive boats.

My family do a few days diving but I keep the bill for that separate.

other than the 3/4 days when the rest of my family dive and I stay put we are more than happy to veg around the pool , my boys are older now ,make friends and do their own thing.
We were very happy at the BB with dinner , then a stroll around town and back to the hotel for the entertainment and drinks and atmosphere in the plaza bar .
LOL Lyn you make me sound very extravagant. I'm glad you posted as I was worried I had put dirk off. I think the main difference in our spends comes from the fact that you used to go back to the BB for you evening entertainment and drinks, whereas we were normally in the buzz bar, tequila bar :rofl etc for a few hours as we are not heavily into the shows in hotels, I think if you like those you can do it a lot cheaper, watching the entertainment and having your AI drinks.
Doe
Forgot the shisha pipes on the beanbags on the beach :tup . we did that a couple of nights but it wasnt expensive.

To be honest we didnt watch many of the shows . We caught a few but we did enjoy the plaza bars atmosphere. The barmen put on some brilliant entertainment there :rofl .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.