Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
turkey flights
16 Posts
mari,

Flights to Turkey are mainly at night as many of the airports are military run and only allow flights in at night. There are some flights through the day though, but many are at night.

Thomson Airways have two flights with morning departures from EMA-DLM (asuming that's what you're looking at); TOM254 at 0700 and TOM888 at 0905 on a Monday. The Thursday and Sunday flight are afternoon departures so get in to DLM late. Thomas Cooks Monday (TCX5538) and Friday (TCX5624) flights are late evening, 2220 and 2255 respectively. Onur Air's flights on a Tuesday (OHY2138) and Sunday (OHY438) leave at 2040 and 2000 respectively. Thomson Airways are about your best option if you don't want night flights.

Darren
We never fly at night but that is from Gatwick, maybe it is worse from where you are. Ther are certainly a lot of day flights from Gatwick anyway.
We,re flying to Izmir from gatwick on Wednesday morning at 07.40am. Lovely flight time :)
On the new flight from edinburgh this year

Take off at 09.10 very happy,hope to be in Marmaris by 19.00
Easyjet have some very good flight times from Bristol to Dalaman and Bodrum. We used them a few times last year and have 3 return flights booked for this year. In addition to the convenient times, we found the planes to be very clean, the staff efficient and friendly, leg room better than most and all our flights were on time.
Monarch have some day flights from Birmingham and their prices are fairly good.
I cannot cope with flights arriving in the early hours of the morning and always manage to find flights getting in before midnight.
ah thanks I will have a look......... having trouble convincing other half to go and the flights just put him off....... he wants to go to crete instead........

the thing is prefer to go at weekend as plannning on going on 3 hols next year and don't wanna waste holiday days so this one is for may bank holiday week. :)
Easyjet don't release their Turkish flights for next summer until later this year. I think we booked ours for this year around October time last year. We booked the day after they were released and paid about 90 pounds return including luggage. Had we booked on the day of release they were a little cheaper Our Bristol to Dalaman flights go at 0800 and return at 1500. Perfect times for me. I have Easyjet under my likes on Facebook and they announce when the flights are being released.
We have day time :fly from East Midlands to Dalaman. :rofl
Fly out 08.30 .................... Land Dalaman 14.40. :wave:
Return flight
Dalaman 15.40 ............Land East Midlands 18.10
We are flying with Jet2.com :glynis
we're 09.35 going from prestwick, which is a great flight time
and 04.10 coming back :( which is not

hey ho
We have also used Easyjet the last couple of years, and have had great time day flights, last year from Gatwick and this year Stansted. As mentioned by JMK the flights come out in October and if you get in quick prices are very good.
we going on the same time flight as JMK - lovely times - be in apartments to catch the last few rays of the day! x
well we have booked with aegean flights... flew with them losts of times without any bother...our flight time got changed slightly but we`re not bothered... then on 31st may my hubby got a fone call from them sayin that we now are flying at 10pm and have to fly into bodrum instead of dalaman then we will have to be tranfered to marmaris from bodrum.they also said that the changes would be sent in an email....we got the email with just the time change ive tried to ring wit no joy..emailed twice but didnt get a reply either just got the e voucher with all the original info on.....so now we dont really know whats happenin lol
We stopped using Aegean flights a while back due to just that problem. We found them unreliable as they often changed flight times and as has happened to you destination. We've tried just about all of them now and in my opinion by far the best are Easyjet for times of flights and reliability.
We fly next Saturday from Newcastle 0720 to Izmir and return 1420 the following fortnight :) This is with Thomas Cook airways and have booked next years to Antalya flying out 0700 and returning 1420 also.

To be fair though this will be the first time(s) we have managed day flights to Turkey.
Thomas Cook have a flight sale on until thursday 23rd june, example:-
Manchester to Dalaman return
Fly from manchester 7th july,at 7.40am land Dalaman 13.55 cost £55.99 includes taxes
Return from Dalaman 15th july, at 00.20 land Manchester 2.50 cost £26 includes taxes.
On top of this you will pay for 20kgs luggage, eachway you pay £12
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.