Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I never really fancied the thought of a stranger touching me,so the first couple of times I went to Turkey I didnt have one,try and stop me now,Its fabulous,you feel so refreshed afterwards,gets rid of all that dead skin,and you must have an oil massage,I think thats the best,cost us £8 each this year with transfers.
I will do SandC, thanks
Thought of another question :lol:
Will it be ok to wear a tankini? i dont like wearing the bra type of bikini top.
could i just pull the top up when needed?
Can you ask for a woman to do the tukish bath, i not fancy a strange fella having to do a massage.
I've not seen a woman at the baths before......I wouldn't worry tho the lads are very discreat
yes it will be fine....I've seen some in vest tops over their bikini's as well as some in full swimsuits
:sun

Hi Girly

I only paid £10 for one in Icmeler this year.
Can anyone advise where in Marmaris we should go for a Turkish Bath?
audslou, we went to club candan (which is near to the thursday market)

Due to the fact this complex is only 18months or so old, it was still like new and was nice and clean. It cost £6 and we had a sauna, body scrub, soap massage and oil massage was one of the best i have been too.

But as others will no doubt say there are hundreds to choose and each person will have there own prefrence.

Craig
Craigy999

thats the same resort we're going to on Monday for two weeks. can you give us any recommendations for places to eat, go, drink and party? :D
theres one at the mesroy hotel an office above the chill bar will book it for you £10 or if you find the hotel you can just book it when there are you going soon im off tomorrow Im going for my first massage too if you there this weekend I could meet you for massage if you a bit nervous Im 100% sure theres nothing untowards gos on or they get a bad rep
so just relax and enjoy yourself
I take £1500 for 2 adults we not heavy drinkers but like loads of grub I do cheap nite dear night to make my cash last but everything Ive seen so far is good value
Thats good, i`m ready for a TB now :wink:
Thanks Tango xx
Can anyone tell me where I could find a place close to The Royal Garden hotel for a turkish bath, as I have heard a few bad reports about the one in the hotel. This may sound silly but is it always men who do the massages, as my b/f wont go for one if its a man. Thank you
Hi irisht,

Turkish baths are lovely, i cannot answer your question of where to go but please br careful as i had one on the 1st day (as suggested) and she rubbed my skin so hard on my shoulder blades that i blistered the next day in the sun and spent the whole week of my holiday wearing a T-shirt and having my 3 inch raw wound dressed. Started a new trend thou with half a suntan Not a happy bunyy at all. Good luck and have fun in the sun.
I have recently booked a holiday to Olu Deniz, departing in June 2008. I have never been to Turkey before so am really excited. Have been to many other places though I hasten to add!!

I would like to know the protocol for a Turkish bath, specifically are you treated by males or do you have female staff. I am female going with my boyfriend and the sex of the staff came up in conversation.....not an issue just an enquiry. Also if anyone can advise on a top bath to visit in Olu Deniz I would be grateful, cheers.

Thanks for helping out.
Despite always wanting to Ive never had the courage to go in . But I believe you should have it on your first day and the turkish bath at the Belcekiz beach hotel is suppossed to be the best one . Walk right down to the end of the main street , turn left at the beach front and the entrance is just a little way along ;) we stayed in this hotel last year . I did have the message which was heavenly and had a lady for that .

lyn
I always have one, usually in the second week. I find it gets all the dead skin off and I never peel. The tan lasts longer.

I have had Turkish baths in Belcekiz which was good but a couple who stayed there went to somewhere else along the road and thought it was even better. Should have taken more notice where they went!

Always have the oil massage, this is wonderful and relaxing, you feel and look ten years younger afterwards/
I had one done there a couple of years ago, and posted it on here somewhere,,,,i was a tad wary too, but they sort of did you in blocks,,,,,,, i was the first one in, and was told to lie and relax in this very large marble room, very grecian,, i thought if its just me in there can anayone ear me scream??? he he anyway a few mor people came in and then a couple more, then the chaps who did the bathing,,,,,it was very very good........ he was very polite and asked to undo me bikini top ( i was lying in me front, so dont panic),,,, everything was put back, if youd like ill dig out me original post of the bath,, i still giggle aobut the experience now,,,, ps had it done 3 days into me hols, and got a great tan,,,,,,
enjoy
we usually get our baths in hisarano just before the mosque its £10 and just turn up, they are all men. My sister and i went 1st we were a bit nervous .Honestly no problems, felt very safe, then the husbands someone has to look after the kids.you wear your bathingsuit (bikini or costume) they give you a locker to put your items in,then its into the sauna for as long as you take it,then the cold plunge pool, then the sauna again, then into a big room with marble slabs.Lie on there till its your turn (dont lift your back cause the suction sounds like you have a serious wind problem, quite amusing really )You can have a good laugh in ther depending who's in! then they give you a scrub with like a luther all over .Watch for all the dead skin ,you'll be surprised.No private areas they don't go near I PROMISE!!!!.Then a soap with a giant muslim cloth which feels like silk being floated over your body really wonderfull.Then finally they wash your hair(imagine being in the hairdressers if they wash your like that!) thats its finished you get a towel round your head and body and a drink on the house , you will look like a right prat .But feel really really clean.your tan lasts longer you don't peel .It lasts about 1 hour.WELL WORTH IT.Also go to Rosa's for foot manicure I was quite ashamed by myself about £6.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.