Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Great report to read that Rowdy Angel...

I am off to Icmeler in August and always look forward to going to Turunc.
Excellent report Rowdy full of information and tips.
Thanks for sharing parts of your holiday with all us poor souls waiting "Our Turn".
Turunc again sounds lovely with picturesque views.

Gene
wow, thanks for such a great review rowdy!

How hot is it out there just now? and what is the beach like, are there plenty of loungers?

sooooo looking forward to my hols!

g x
Groober,

it was in the high 30's when we were there - very hot. A little cooler at night most of the time but a couple of nights it was very humid and you could feel the moisture in the air. One evening there was also an electric storm and light rain which was fascinating to watch.

BTW, power cuts are common in Turunc. We had one on our second day there late in the afternoon but it was only for about half an hour or so.

the beach at Turunc is very narrow and is shingle as opposed to sand. It is very hot to walk on! Also, when you go into the sea, although very nice to swim in, it is a little rocky in places so you need to be careful where you tread. I ended up buying some 'jelly shoes' from a local shop for 11 lira which helped a lot as you can swim in them too! My flip flops kept coming off in the water.

There are plenty of sunbeds along the whole stretch of the beach with wicker umbrellas. The sunbeds belong to the various cafes and restaurants and they either charge you for using them or as long as you're buying drinks from them they're free. Some of them also offer shower facilities if needed.

I hope you have a super holiday and if you go to Habit Bar, say hello to Bulent, Mehmet and Cihan from me, the Harvey Wallbanger drinker!!!!!!

Rowdy
hi rowdy
great review we go to turunc on monday will go to the places you recommend staying at the rose apartments.

all the best

dave
chips2065,

Rose apartments are directly opposite Gozdem where we stayed. They look very nice with a decent sized pool and sunbeds. Habit Bar is just down the road on the same side as Rose apartments.

Hope you have a fab time and that you enjoy some of the places we went to.

Rowdy
Hi Rowdy '

What a Good review :) sorry you had a few hicups at the Airport, I am going to Icmeler on the 27th of this month Staying at club sun Village this is our first time to Turkey and we are now on count down. I have been told to visit Turunc your review confirmed its a place to visit thankyou for sharing your holiday :D
one more question, if you don't mind rowdy - is it better to take sterling cash and change it there?

thanks

g x
Rowdy,

Fantastic report, many thanks for taking the time to include such detail. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Have visited Turunc three times now on boat trips so only spend about an hour to hour and a half there. Would love the time to see more and try out some of the restaurants you comment on. Once again excellent report.

Wilson :wink:
Great review! We are off to our apartment tomorrow, lovely reading all about it, even though its only a couple of months since we were there! Interesting about the ES it is somewhere where we haven't eaten that was recommended to us by a relative who has just been there - definitely will try it this time! Another eating place that stands out is the Antik, on the road out of Turunc where the petrol station is. Opposite end of the main street that you come in on from Marmaris. Their mezes are superb! Although can't really think of a meal that we haven't enjoyed in Turunc.
Groober,

we took mostly Lira and some sterling just in case. There are plenty of places to change sterling to Lira in Turunc. While we were there you could get 2.75 Lira to the pound.

So if you want to take sterling cash you won't have problems getting it changed. May be best to take at least some Lira (not much though) beforehand though so you have some on you when you arrive at the resort. If getting Lira try to get denominations of 5, 10 and 20 as some of the shops struggle to give change from a 50 Lira note.

Hope this helps.

Rowdy
Rowdy that helps loads, thank you - all my questions answered now, just waiting impatiently to go!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.