Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Don't worry it will still be there for you in June.

John
this will please my wife she lives for markets and spending money :cry:
I prefer the canal stalls :D Don't like the little underground market for some reason :?
Probably to far away from the Venice for you Colette :lol: :wink:
can anyone please tell me where this underground makret is, i know the canal and the weekly markets but cannot figure out where this one is.

bluepeterno1
If you walk up towards the main road from ICR office/Harrys Steakhouse and turn left when you reach main road it next to Kingsland chinese. It actually sits behind Friends bar. Hope that makes sense! To be honest I wouldnt rate this market, the quality of merchandise not great and the hassle is particularly bad, but that just my opinion!
cheers glesga girl.

bluepeterno1
Its more like a parade of shops underground and hasnt the atmosphere or fun of the Wednesday market.
sorry just thinking of my old home town,glaswegans often call it glesga , glasgow girl knows what i mean

bluepeterno1
I know exactly where you coming from bluepeterno, you should give the underground market a body swerve and tell the mrs to keep her money for the barras! :lol:
never heard this before, sounds like dodgy. I live din marmaris for 9 years but never heard about underground market. Glasgow girl must be expert about marmaris and icmeler
I wouldnt say it was a market like the weekly ones just permanent shops underneath other shops.They sell mostly clothes.
if john toohey said its there i wouldent think it was dodgy .

bluepeterno1
yes its there ,i buy my table cloths and such off the stall there ,,got some cheap bargins in oct ,,i also buy my dvds from the bag shop ,,and ive took them back on next holiday if its not to far from the last holiday,some have been faulty and hes always changed them ...
My husband got lots of shirts in October at bargain prices as they were closing for the winter.The shopkeepers didnt pester you to buy either.
went 2 years ago and remember shopkeepers were really overbearing and annoying .only went the once in 2 weeks we were there and missus is a hardened shopper who is not easily put off.unlike the above poster we went last 2 weeks in august.
Is this is the one where there are 2 parades of shops parallel to each other and each reached by two flights of stairs. If it is there is a very good watch shop on the right hand side which sells good quality watches at great value. We have bought watches there for a few years now and they have all been fine. I think the same man has been there for a few years now.

Never thought of it as being "underground " though !!
Agree with you there - its an excellent watch shop, bloke is fair and doesn't hassle you too much.
Agree with you there - its an excellent watch shop, bloke is fair and doesn't hassle you too much.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.