Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Gel, usually with flight only you get one nights dormhouse is that what you mean?
Yes ellie thats what i mean, do you have to have it? as no one seems to know what we are talking about. We do have the address of the apartment were we are staying. Dont wont laurens friend to turn up at the airport on her own and have problems. :cheers
Yes you do have to have it its a requirement by the Goan authorities. You usually just get it automatically with flight only. It says on the ticket -Flight only plus one nights accom. The airline should surely know what dormhouse accom means :que

What date is she going out?
I must say i think this only applies with monarch flights i have flown with several other companies and they never asked for flights with 1 night accommodation..Maybe its just me : :think
Hi we are flying out with f/c on 27th nov from man.
we are on a package thats called TRAVELLER
which does include 1 nights acc
we never use it though and go straight to our apartment

linda x
With Monarch, especially from Manchester, they insist you have proof of accomodation, most companies that use Monarch, print on the ticket, including one nights Dormhouse accomodation, never known anyone ever take it up, presumabley the rep. at Dabolim will sort it out if you wanted it. Just saying you have accomodation wont do, they want a bit of letterheaded paper or whatever, with the details on it. I've actually seen people refused at check in without it. Strangley this nonsense seems only to take place at Manchester, never at Gatwick. Alan
Many thanks to everyone who replied, still have not bought the flight tickets :( she wonts to go out and meet us there we will be in goa on the 21st december, We are flying schudel do we have to have proof of were we are staying? we have booked an apartment.Gel
Just print youself off a receipt with all details of apartment, address, length off stay etc. make it look like you have received it from owner, this will suffice, we have done this a couple of times when flying with Monarch from Manchester and had no problems.allan. :gluck
If you are flying scheduled you don't need any proof of where you are staying.

John
I agree with John, you don't need proof of where you are staying when you go scheduled. The people you are renting off will have to make sure you fill in a C form though. This is for logging your stay with the police, it's why hotels ask for your passport on check-in. We had to fill them in even though we were staying in our own apartment.

PS - just read your post properly. :duh Even if you book a flight only charter, you will be given a voucher for 1 night's dormhouse accommodation but they won't expect you to use it.
Thankyou everyone thats all the info i need, :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.