Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have you booked a package with Thomson? If not Thomson then who's supplying your accommodation? You need this information as you will only be able to switch hotels to one that your supplier has on their books I would have thought. Or, have they offered you an accommodation refund?

Also is it one week or two?

How many in the party, therefore how many rooms?

How much do you want to pay?
Hello Glynis

Thanks for your quick response.

Well I'm confused on this situation myself! I booked this holiday last June and 4days before we go this happens! It was booked through travelsoon.com on the net and the flight was with Thomsons and the hotel through medhotels I thought, now it seems that the flight is still through Thomsons but the hotel booked with 'beat the brochure' & Travelox? They have offered an alternative but due to the location isn't an option but they don't want to sort it out until monday because the person dealing with it isn't back in until then!

There are 4 adults and need 2 dble/twin rooms all inclusive 3/4* centrally located, flights 25/5 returning 4/6 (10days). I have now got a couple of options either see what else they can find or an accomm refund so that i can book just the hotel, have seen a few options on lowcostholidays,turkeybeds and holiday-hotelsdirect prices from £163 -£273 each.

Any other websites I should look at??

Mazza
Travel Republic has the Nicholas Park in Hisaronu at £166 each. The rest seem to be in Ovacik, where the Sedan for instance is £156pp.

Will keep looking (just want to keep you updated)

Edit - Alpharooms have the Greenland hotel (Ovacik) (gets good reviews) for £460.09 per room.

Are your transfers still ok or will you have to rebook those too?
Belcekiz beach hotel is the best one but that used to be exclusive to Thomson . You could get it accomodation only with them also . It's a few years since I've been to Olu or done any reseach but also check the olu deniz resort & club sun city .The Alize, I think it's called may also be worth a look .
Not sure if those maybe a little dear Lyn have looked. Alize is £688.17 per room with Alpharooms. Olu Deniz Resort £686.40 per room.

Travel Republic - Olu Deniz Resort £826per room :yikes
" " - Alize £688 per room
The Dorian get's terrrible reviews and if you were relying on it for the whole A/I experience this could be a blessing .
The alize has always been the cheaper option of those and actually the reviews are really good over on TA.

Have a look here . this is an excellent size for price comparisons http://www.roomratecompare.com/

you can narrow it down to a paricular hotel .
Ooh cheers all!

Thankyou very much Glynis for what you are doing!

Yeah I've been looking at the Alize,Nicholas Park Or St Nicholas Park (I think they are the same place) and Turquoise & Greenland Hotels, will check out that website now Glynis.

Mazza
Oh yeah if i do cancel with this beatthe brochure then I will have to arrange airport transfers!!

Mazza
Travel Republic were cheaper than Alpharooms for transfers when we booked. We've paid £26.22 for 2 people from Dalaman to Hisaronu.

Let us know how you get on Mazza :tup
travel republic are very good, i have always found them to be the cheapest and use them whenever i need to book hotel rooms transfers etc, they have never let me down yet and i have been a customer for about 5 years,we have just booked three rooms at the turk hotel olu deniz in june for three days, i checked the reviews on their website this one and trip advisor and fingers crossed they are quite positive.The hotels in olu deniz are as a rule more expensive than ovacik hisaronu etc but i am positive that you will find all you need on travel republic good luck
Thanks all that responded to my plea!

I have taken all your comments on board. :tup

I have been somewhat assured by the travel agents that i used online by the Manager that from a list of about 10 hotels around the area that I emailed to them that we would be placed in 1 of them - lets see what monday am brings! If not i will be onto some sites to get something booked, do not want to miss out on this holiday it means 2 much, its my partner's 40th birthday the day before we go and whilst we are there its our 2nd year anniversary of being together!

Mazza :sun2
All the best Mazza :tup Please let us know the outcome.
:wave: Hi All!

Well its all sorted now thank god phew it was a close shave! Had quite a few emails with beat the brochure and finally got accommodation in 1 of the hotels I stated, but insisted on not paying anymore money, but then the cheeky so n so's tried to pull a swift one by downgrading us from a private taxi transfer to a shuttle ( they didn't bank on my beady eye ), I soon got them to put it straight! So finally all sorted, so I can look forward to my break now.

Thanks again for all your help!

Mazza :cheers
Yes off today, we are now staying in Hisaronu, St Nicholas Park Hotel, didn't have much choice left really out of 9 hotels I listed this apparently was the only 1 available! We will be visiting the Dorian just to see exaclty what the issue is, not sure there really is 1 to be honest, but we'll see!

:sun2 Mazza
Really pleased you have a least got somewhere to stay Mazza. Just think to yourself , Everything happens for a reason . :)
My friend is going to the same hotel on Monday :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.