Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Vagator Beach
26 Posts
They are at the southern end of Little Vagator Beach. :D

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/mmacbain/Goa/003.jpg
Thanks for the info - is Little Vagator on the left as I stand in the car park facing the sea?? Sorry for being a pain!

Regards Jo
Standing in the car park facing the sea, the little beach on your left is Little Vagator. 8)
I will be in Vagator from 31st Oct to 3rd Nov this year. Does anyone know if there will be any shacks open (how many), do they close early in the evenings, are there any late night restaurants and bars near the beach etc, how far is club cabana from the beach.

TIA.

Aj.
Be pretty quiet in Vagator then AJ, I arrived on the 1st November a few years ago and the shacks had only just opened up. 9 bar should be open then and the Alcove resort on the cliffs above the beach are ok, also try the Mango Tree in Vagator the food is great :wink:

Here is my Vagator guide to have a nosey through :wink:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=74390

Anything else you need to know give me a nudge :!:
Hi FTV,

Thanks for the info and the link to your previous posting about Vagator, it is very informative. I am going there with my family, group of 11 at the end of October, so the first few days we are particulalry looking for a secluded beach and away from the hustle and bustle of Baga, Calangute and the likes.

We are going to stay at Sea View Holiday Apartments (150 meters from the beach), the next stop would be Baga for three nights which I am expecting to be a bit wild and then Colva / Benaulim for two nights as it is convenient to catch the train (that starts from Vasco) from Madgoan to Hyderabad in the south of India.

Can't wait... :D two weeks to go to India and four weeks to Goa.... :D

I spoke to the guy who runs the Sea View Holiday Apartments and from the look of it on the website, the rooms looks quite nice and the views from the hotel room look beautiful.

I will write a review after I return from India and that would be third week of November.

Cheers!

Aj.
Can`t recall seeing the sea view apartments AJ, any idea where abouts in Vagator they are ?
Baga wont really be that wild around that time I shouldn't think. Saying that India isn't all that wild anyway (not including raves or Q's to get into ingo's night market :D).

Cuban is a fair way from the beach and quite a way from vagator. Its just on the hill by arpora. Very very nice place. Its where I learned to drink Vodka properly! £4 in drink as much Smirnoff as you want YEAH!

The party scene is pretty good in goa. But I much prefer to go and relax, take in the culture and amazing food! Well that's why I love it so much anyway :)
FTV,

I am expecting the Sea View apartments to be close to the Taxi stand. Here's their website, check it out.

http://www.allindianewspapers.com/Vacations/accomodation.htm

Not many days to go... and then :sun and :glynis
Good location Aj :) right opposite the Mango Tree :wink: there is a nice Chinese restaurant just 2 minutes walk round the corner and you are about 5 minutes walk from the taxi stand at the top of Vagator beach, say hello to Steve and the boys at the Mango Tree and tell him Andy will be there in March, enjoy your Holiday 8)
Thanks FTV, will do. Is Mango Tree the one that is open 24 hours?
I think Munchies near Starco junction near Anjuna is the only 24 hour place, it is about a mile or so from where you are.
I have just got back from Goa, and I visited Vagator beach-I loved it. There were two shacks open, I'm not sure how many there usually are as it is quite a small beach anyway. I took some photos of the carvings and I walked all along the rocks picking up shells-I'm a big kid at heart!! It's a really nice place to visit :)
HI
has anyone stayed at the Alcove in Vagator,thinking of
having a few day,s then moving on to the Highland in
Candolim, thanks Ann :) :)
Yes I did last year Ann, lovely setting but definately needed A/C in March when we were there, here is my review http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/india/goa/vagator/alcove-resort-hotel/

This place looks ok as another option http://www.leoneyresort.com/contact.htm

but is a 5 minute walk down to the beach :wink:
Thank you for reply Feelthevibe,have requested a cottage
with A/C For 5 nights from 11th nov,would this be ok,went to
look at this resort last time in Goa,as you say the setting is
wonderfull,but did not view the accomodation.
Ann :thanks
November should be ok heat wise I reckon, we had one of the suites right on top of the cliff, best view in the world but too damned hot :? If you head down the cliff at the side of the Alcove you will find Sharmilla shack at the bottom, absolutely lovely people and the food is pretty good and very cheap, tell her I said hello and see her in March ...... Andy :wink:
P.S, We booked our A/C suite 3 months before we went and when we got there it wasn`t available, personally I would go elswhere if they pull this same stunt on you, there are nicer places available for around the same money :idea:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.