Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
varna?
8 Posts
There's quite a lot of sea front in Varna, Nick - some clue as to what you've read would possibly be useful. :wink:

Baldur
Just anywere really would do. never got down to the front in varna last time. the only thing we actually did was walk through wot we thought was the main square with all the shops and that led us out to the cathedral with all the taxis outside? We was just too suspicious if you know what i mean as we had been told not to stray to far and watch our backs by the rep?? Want to see more this time and hopefully we wont be as cautious.
Nick, If you ask the driver to drop you at the slip road just before Varna Station approaching from the Golden Sands direction, you just follow this road down to Beach and all the Restaurants are there. There are some very good Eateries opposite the Railway Station. We have had 3 Sunday Lunches, 3 Large Rolls and three bottles of Fanta and including tip came to 10 Lev. Tonyt
You'll see the Cathedral in Sector 'G' of THIS MAP, it sounds as though you walked around Nezavisomost Square (where the theatre & fountains are) and maybe the Kniaz Boris I/Preslav area?

The Sea Garden (between Sectors 'H' & 'I') is worth walking through - you can gain access to the beaches from there.

Restaurant recommendations are a difficult one - the closer that you tend to be to the 'touristy' areas, the poorer & more expensive the restaurant is likely to be, in my experience.

Have a good look around and try what takes your fancy.

Baldur
thankyou both. As always Baldur If think your right. We sat in KFC accross from the cathedral. We will definatly do wot u have both suggested,
Thanks again
Hi, another way, if you get taxi to drop you at Pizza Hut again coming from Golden Sands direction, you can turn left and walk to Sea Gardens passing many restaurants on the way. When you get out at Pizza Hut, if you fancy a MacDonalds it is right in front of you. Cheers Tonyt
There is a fantastic Georgian restaurant in Varna, will find out exact address for you later, but it is easily missed as it is down a side street, and is accessed by a small door, but is opposite a church. Had 2 fantastic meals there over Easter and is was very reasonable. There is also a relatively new Italian place, again will try to find out address.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.