America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Vegas ideas
6 Posts
Flamingo is well priced and well located, standard rooms can be hit or miss but the better Go rooms are still good value, and it has a nice pool. Harrahs, Paris and planet ho can also offer well located value but pools are not great.

If you want something a bit nicer mirage and Venetian are great.
MGM although south has a great pool, and great range of dining options. I think it's a good footstep visit hotel but others think people should be more central.

Dining can be as little or as much as you're willing to pay from a couple of bucks for a hotdog to $400 + multi Michelin star places.

It's good to check menus on the hotel sites for their casual dining options to get an idea of prices.
Thanks for the info
is being central crucial ,would being at one end of the strip or on somewhere like Freemont street cause any problems.

Our plan is to have leisurely days so a decent pool is a must and on an evening we will venture out , have meal , a few beers see some entertainment etc.
being central is a must,keep Freemont street as an evening treat,it can be fantastic if the right bands are playing when we were there a queen tribute was on it was mind blowing,drinks are pretty expensive compared to here but what the hell your on holiday! grand canyon chopper trip a must we went with Sundance ,champagne lunch in the canyon fabulous,a sail on lake meade terrific, best holiday ever cant wait to go back,envy you both, just know that you will love it,pay as much as you can afford for hotel room,when we go back it just has to be the BELLAGIO it is out of this world,hope this is useful to you and Ihope you both have a ball regards BILL :clap :clap :clap
Put Vegas into the Search facility and settle down with a coffee or a beer as there are loads of topics.

Definitely stay on the strip for a first visit. Agree with signing up to http://www.smartervegas.com for offers if you are booking flights and hotels separately. We are saving a few hundred pounds doing this. I post the offers I find in the Vegas Hotels topic.

How much is you budget per night, preferably in $?

A good, basic hotel centre strip is Bally's. Flamingo has a great pool, but so so rooms apart from the Go rooms.

The MGM is good and very well priced with their offers. It is towards the south of the strip, but isn't too bad for accessing the rest of the strip.

The Bellagio was a great hotel in its day. It's still good, but there are far better hotels for the same money.

Drinks are very expensive, $10-15 for a mixed drink or glass of wine. There are food options for every budget.

luci :wave
We didn't stay on the strip for the first four trips. We still loved it. Now we have got to know the place a bit better and get offers from various places, we tend to split our time between off strip, on strip and downtown.

Try Bill's Gambling hall for a first trip. It is a small hotel in comparison to many others, and has reasonable rates and reasonable gambling too. http://www.billslasvegas.com/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.