America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I think you have hit the nail on the head.

I am not even thinking of booking Vegas until the exchange rate looks like its going up to $1.50 to the £.

I spend quite a few quid while I am there and even though I will miss it, it looks like it may be a sun holiday for us in November rather than Vegas

John
This is a brilliant offer for the MGM credit crunch or not

https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=001&host=promo&code=SDM070&kbid=755041&sub=en

I've cancelled my Excalibur booking in favour of this one
And I've cancelled the offer Tangobunny has in favour of this one!

https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=001&host=promo&code=SDM069

As it has dining credit and free drinks! :cheers Only $49/night.

Ju, I can get Paris for $60 for your dates on the Friends and Family offer which must be hard to beat

https://www.harrahs.com/MakeReservation.do?propCode=PLV&packageCode=IPFNF

luci :wave
another brill offer but no good for me Luci as it doesn't go to May
Tangobunny, thanks so much for posting the above MGM link. :cheers I'VE BOOKED!!!! :yipee :hols :tup :rofl (can you tell that I'm all excited now? )
Thanks Luci, $60 at Paris is seriously good value, as is your $49 at the MGM with dining credit and free drinks. I definitely think we will take a break from the MGM this year if (and that's still a big if) we decide to tag Vegas onto the end of our National Parks trip. Nothing wrong with the hotel, in fact it's still my favourite in Vegas, but its becoming a bit familiar and it will be nice to have a change.

:tup
Well this trip is coming together nicely, and getting cheaper all the time!

We are now staying at Paris for 4 nights on a LCI offer although the Friends & Family rate is the same. When it was for 7 nights we were paying $490 total compares with $1020 if I'd booked it direct with Paris.

Then we are having 3 nights at the MGM for $49 with $25 dining credit and 2 free drinks at the West Wing bar so that's a total of $49 in freebies on top of an awesome rate.

We then move to the IP for 4 nights although I originally booked 5 nights. That has gone down from a total of $273 to $100 as I got the 2 weekend nights for $50 each and the other 3 comped (free)!

Now I have found a better rate for our last 3 nights at the Signature on a TravelZoo offer. We originally had $129 with $20 resort credit which was good compare with the usual rate of $159-169. I have now rebooked through LSI and got it for $109 plus $15 resort credit so saving $75.

More money for gambling!

Just worked it out and our total for hotels was £882 and is now £696 so a saving of £186! :D

Mind you I have 9 shows/events planned and shows aint cheap in Vegas. Would like to see Donny and Marie, but not sure it's worth $115/£82 each.

Sounds great Luci!!

I must say I don't think £82 each is worth it for Donny and Marie. Ask them to give you £100 each and say you'll consider it :rofl :tup

TC
:rofl :rofl

Spent ages this afternoon fitting the shows and meals into our planner after finding out which nights each one was dark.

This just keeps getting better! Found the rate for our dates at the Signature had dropped with LSI from $109 to $89 so I called them up and had the rate adjusted. :D

We are now staying there for $89 when the rates usually start at $179.

wow, that is an excellent rate for the Sig!! :cheers

TC
Finally, my Wife and I have agreed on our August USA holiday and guess what? We are having 3 nights in Vegas!!!!! :cheers This will now be our 6th trip in 8 years, not quite as prolific as some on here but still quite impressive. I chanced my arm on 4 nights last night but my Wife wasn't budging on three but who knows.......????

Dates are likely to be Tues 18th August until Thurs 20th inclusive, so hopefully with it being midweek we should find some bargains. Now off to get some updated prices.

For info the actual holiday plans have changed once more. Utah is going to be 2010 now, this year it will be a mix of Seattle, Portland and the Oregon Coast, San Francisco and Vegas. Not quite sure on the split yet, but probably going to spend the most time in Seattle as it is number one on our USA cities priority list of cities we haven't visited yet.

Will be booking (refundable) hotels including Vegas next weekend, so watch this space for what we agree on. It's definitely going to be a new property in Vegas......how exciting!!!

Cheers :tup
Ju
As expected the deals are literally flying at me for those three days in August. I have:-

$36 Excalibur (or $50 widescreen), $69 MGM, $63 Mirage, $60 Paris, $89 Mandalay, $74 NYNY plus loads of others. If it is going to be a new property, I would guess that the Mirage or Paris are looking favourites to me.

Venetian, Wynn and Bellagio are good value but double the prices mentioned above.

Superb!!!! :tup
Hi jwhiting....that's great! Sounds like you have some good deals too!

We still haven't decided on whether to go in June too. Still looking at moving house, but not sure if it's going to happen. I expect we will know in a few weeks though, so then we can decide about Vegas! Going in September anyway, taking 4 others with us, MIL, SIL and husband and my friend. So that's 3 newbies and one second timer.
Mirage sounds a good deal at that price. Look forward to hearing what you decide.

Isn't there work going on at the Mirage at the moment? Thought I read that somewhere - just something to bear in mind, even if going later in the year. :wave:

TC
I'm not sure about work at the Mirage. I know the volcano was under maintenance, but I'm thinking that might be open again - and maybe not disruptive anyway. There might be something else going on now of course. I also saw a good deal for the Mirage, for June (when I'm not actually going....well might still book who knows!). My dates in September that we've booked Paris - there's not many deals out for those, and that is the norm with it being further into September. For some reason the deals run up to about the 10th and we need 11-17th. I should have a look at the deals again, not looked for a while for September.

TeeCee - did you get your hotel(s) booked yet?
Judging by the Mirage website the (new) volcano is open. The only other thing I found was an extensive remodel of rooms which was completed in August 08.

If anybody else finds anything else out please let me know, although at $63 a night I can put up with some inconvenience and it will be nice to stay mid-strip for the first time ever. :tup
Talking of vegas, i go in about 9 weeks, as ive never been before would anyone have any idea to the whereabouts of the following bar:
The Freaking Frog 4700 Maryland Pakway? was just wondering how easy it would be to find from the strip cheers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.