America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
We should have a HT Members Get Together! I can always drive up to Vegas to complete the HT star studded line up. ;)
I don't think it will be just HT members...Myself and a few others on here are also members on some Vegas sites....there is talk of a meet over on those sites as well....can't see why one can't be arranged
I'm obliged (as a mod ;) ) at this point to post THIS.

I'd be grateful if anyone planning a meet would read it :tup
Hi TeeCee

I already have the first 5 nights booked at the Orleans. Tripres have a good rate just now for september (better than Orleans direct last time I looked)....so you could always call Orleans and ask for a price match quoting the tripres rate! That way you can still get rate drops or even change your mind and stay somewhere else!

I'm not sure where we want to stay for the other 6 nights. I have been bidding on priceline for a 4* north strip, and also tried south strip. I don't really want Luxor or NYNY but I'm going to make sure my bids are low enough that it would still be a good deal so wouldn't be a problem. Hubby has an aversion to Luxor and I'm not that sure why. We're taking 3 newbies and I think it might even be quite nice for them to stay in a Pyramid. Hoping for dry weather anyway as I heard it leaks in the rain! Anyway I got a 4* north strip counter offer for £69 when I bid £43. Last week I bid £36 and got a £71 counter offer, but that could just be the improvement in the exchange rate. I'm convinced it is for TI, which is $119 per night, so I just have to think about how far to bid - TI would be fine but we have two in our party in their 50s, so i'm not sure they'd like it as much as us younger ones in the group (who aren't exactly party animals anyway!!).

MGM prices are currently rotten by the way TeeCee - I'm sure you've looked but a standard room is $149 per night - ie too much!! I'd want Bellagio or Venetian for that price!!! :)
For a first timer I still think experiencing the Luxor inclinators is a Vegas must do, but I really don't rate the "improvements" that have been made to the hotel as a whole. I remember my first time in Vegas being totally blown away by the Luxor, and even on past visits I have still enjoyed visiting and gambling there but last year I just thought "yuck". If the price is right though, I would still consider as I would NYNY.

We spent the most time that we have ever done in TI in August and I enjoyed the bars in the hotel prior to Mystere. It certainly feels more of a "younger vibe" than some of the other hotels but I don't think anybody in their 50's would feel out of place. There is always the option to plonk them down in that central bar and allow them to watch the world go by.....

I'm sure the MGM will come down. In September 07 standard rooms were coming out at $69 on some dates....not quite August 08 with the $49 rates but still a good deal.

All this talk of Vegas is making me incredibly jealous, but there is little hope for 09 I'm afraid...... :(
Just booked my first 5 days at the Imperial palace
Got 2 nights for $50 2 for $40 and 1 night free
I'm well pleased
Well done Tangobunny. We are there for part of our May trip, and all of our October trip.

You can't beat free!!!!
I just had another email from Wynn for January and February dates at Wynn and Encore. Plenty of $109 & $129 midweek with $199 weekends at Wynn, $149 midweek and $239 weekends at Encore.

I wish I could take advantage, maybe someone else can? I'm guessing that it's Red Card members only, but well worth a look....
Pebbles
We are there from 5th- 10th May......so we might see you there
We're at the Flaming O for those dates, but it's next door. I'll PM you.
Would 2 weeks in Vegas be too much?
Still planning our holiday and keep changing our minds as to what to do :think
Found quite a few good deals for the end of May,so were thinking about hiring a car for the a week,so if we were to get bored (in Vegas :really )we could just head off in the car somewhere.
What do you experienced Vegas people think?
I'm probably the wrong person to answer this, but I don't think you will get bored going to Vegas for two weeks. We usually go for three minimum and preferably four weeks each time.

Then again, we just love the place.
You could NEVER be bored in Vegas

John
2 years ago I went to Vegas for 2 weeks
Was I bored ?....no
Did I want to come home ?....No
Would I do it again ?....in a heartbeat
The only reason I'm going for 10 days this time round is because if I go for 2 weeks I'll miss my mums birthday....hence the 10 day stay
I agree, I wouldn't get bored either! If you have a car you can do lots of little days out. If you like shopping you could do that when you have a car. Also you could even drive out to the Grand Canyon and stay overnight, drive down to Laughlin and stay over or drive back same day. And there's Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire, Hoover Dam, take a flight over the Grand Canyon, drive down to Primm for shopping, fly over to San Francisco for the day....opportunities are endless!!!
Thanks people.As weird as it sounds it gets quite stressful planning holidays!
We have changed our minds quite a few times already but i think Vegas is coming out on top.
We were there for 3 nights in 2006 and we hardly saw anything.
What we might do is stay 7 nights in LV and then hire a car and head out to the Grand Canyon for 2 nights,Lake Powell 2 nights and maybe Zion national park,but nothing is 100% yet :rofl
Mark.
Good luck with your planning Mark
2 weeks is definitely NOT too long in Vegas! :cheers

Remember TI has been sold to another company so it will be interesting to see if they make any changes, I think it might have been Boyd Gaming who bought it.

Rumours are that Mirage may be sold next.

Caesers Palace have suspended the building of their new tower, not sure if it had already started or not.
Vegas is definitely feeling the pinch so there should be some good hotel deals this year!! :D

TC
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.