America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Lesley, we like it so much that we have had an apartment there for over 5 years. It is a 24 hour town, you can get cheap food and drinks, or expensive fancy food and drinks depending on your mood. The variety of entertainment is excellent, and the beaches are lovely. Just outside Benidorm, there are lots of beautiful little towns to visit too.
Benidorm is a nice little filler between Vegas trips when I don't have enough days to go there.

Glad you got the money from TMS OK Lesley. I have recommended them as I have found their service as CCE very good, but I'm also nervous of recommending any financial company in these times of recession as it appears no-one is 100% safe. That said, I have two orders for currency due in the New Year.

luci :wave
Disney is coming to Vegas. The Lion King is set to replace Mamma Mia at Mandalay Bay from 3 May with preview shows 22 April to 1 May.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/35648294.html

luci :wave
Have been looking at Premium economy flights to Vegas for next September and they just haven't come down much, they are just over £1000 on certain dates in Sept. but they remain over £1300 for other dates in Sept.

To get round this we have now booked flights to LA - got Premiuim Economy with Virgin for £737 return so we save over £500 on the flights. We arrive in LA at 18:45 so will stay on airport and set off for Vegas around 4am the next day, should get to Vegas by 8 or 9am and won't waste any of our first day!
A dodge charger with full tank of gas is £36 from the airline network.

Have got a late flight coming home so haven't decided yet whether to fly back to LA or drive again. Flights are only around $80.
Thought we may have to skimp on the hotels in Vegas by flying Premium but now we can probably look at spending a bit more on hotels than first thought.

It's a nice thought having flights booked though!! :cheers :sun2
Nice one TC.

LA is always an option to fly into for Vegas, we did exactly the same in 2007 and saved a bundle, although we were only fortunate enough to be flying Economy. We had an hour or so to kill in LAX after clearing immigration, so a chance for a Starbucks and Coke and then headed to the Southwest gate for what turned out to be a 45min flight to Vegas. Arrived in Vegas only a few hours after what time we would have arrived if flying into Vegas direct on Virgin!!! And saved £600 in the process..... :tup

It's a good plan you've got. No doubt you will be getting close to being awake at 4am on the first morning, so what better way to deal with that then getting in a hire car and driving to Vegas.

Keep us updated with regards to hotel options nearer the time.

Ju
Well I have booked my trip to Vegas In June we are going for 8 nights with Virgin staying at Planet Hollywood . I was going to book before Christmas but ran out of time , so booked on 30th December and the price was over £ 200.00 cheaper and that included the extra night. Oh and also converted some Tesco vouchers so saved another £ 120.00 so really pleased. Also we have free access to the V Room ?? and guaranteed upgrade.

Have not been to Vegas for over 5 years we used to go quiet regular . we stayed at the Aladdin last time - obviously now Planet Hollywood. We have also stayed at Ballys , IP, Flamingo , Ceasars Palace

My 1st question have read about taxis from airport asking to use the tunnel ?? - dont remember that from last time but obviously lots have things have changed .

I am sure i will have lots more before now and June
The plan is to ask the taxi driver NOT to use the tunnel. When they use the tunnel it is classed as them long hauling you. Here is a list of approximate fare prices to each hotel.
We have booked to go to Vegas twice this year. First trip is with Continental via New Jersey (EWR), and the second is with USAirways vis Philadelphia (PHL). First trip (May) cost us £344 and second (October) was £342. That is on a par with previous years flight prices.
I had a good laugh with our chinese taxi driver in Vegas last August about the "no tunnel" request. I said, "MGM please, obviously not via the tunnel" and he just grinned and replied "why would I go via the tunnel to the MGM?".

My reply, "exactly".

I was actually very grateful to him in the end anyway because I had left my wallet on the back seat when getting out at the MGM. That wouldn't have made for a very good Vegas trip!!!!
When I was looking for flights to Vegas the other day I noticed that for September you can currently get Economy flights for £325, that's the best price I've seen for a few years, that was with US Airways. there's a few others around that price as well.

TC
US Airways are currently the cheapest deal for my flight in November also

John
Talking about the love between Benidorm and Vegas......I'm another one
Off to Benidorm for 6 days Jan 25th....staying at the Pueblo Benidorm

Booked my Virgin flights last week for £368.80
Flying out on 5th May for 10 days
Booked my hotel this morning for my last 5 days
Excalibur 5 days $255 +tax
Booked my Gatwick overnight stay Oakhurst Guest house £65 for a double room that includes full english breakfast and free shuttle to and from airport
Just got to get my hotel for first 5 days and my train tickets up to gatwick

I'm a happy bunny
Nice one Tango, looks like we'll have plenty of Vegas trip reports this year!! :tup

TC
Hi Tangobunny, It looks like we overlap on both trips. I'm in Benidorm 21st to 28th Jan.
We have our own apartment in Benidorm.
Yes, lots of Vegas visitors this year!!! We'll have plenty of info to pass to one another!!

Anyone got any good hotel deals for September time yet?? TeeCee - you not started looking? We're 6-17th - do we overlap again?

And on the currency side of things, I got an email from moneywise with a link about exchange rates, and they are saying it's time for recovery. :cheers :cheers :cheers
Let's hope they're right!!!
Its a bit early for September yet but if anyone is interested in the Venetian (with that horrible perfumed aroma) or Palazo in January, February or March then they have just sent me another offer for $119 per night and don't forget they are suites.

John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.