Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
very slow!!!!!
3 Posts
We are unfortunately having major problems with the server tonight. Normal service may not be resumed until morning, so perhaps best just to have an early night.

David :wave
Hi is it me or not

Last night and tonight I am having alot of trouble trying to get HT
I am on broadband but it has just taken me about 45 min's to write this post and to log in

PLEASE can anyone tell me why or is it across the whole country. BTW I didn't have any trouble this afternoon

Hello there, at least I was not the only one having problems with HT this evening. I must admit I had no problems last night, but this evening it has been a Nightmare. I actually thought it was down to something I had done myself as I have been having major problems with my Bluetooth Software and have been trying to sort that out. I thought I had done something to mess HT up my end. I was just about to do a System Restore, something I have never done before and am a little too scared to try anyway.

But as David as now reassured us, it was the 'Server' ( No idea what that means by the way, but there you go) that was up the spout, and not our PC's or Broadband services.

I lost allHT services around 7pm last night and it has now only just come back....all be it still very slowly. I tried to access HT via several different search engines and none of them could access the HT Boards. Internet Explorer could not even find the site let alone download it.

At some point I was able to accces my PM box via Firefox Cache pages, (I've no idea how I did that, it was a fluke of some kind) but I could not access any other areas. And then I lost David's PM's reply. Opening the site now, it has taken 15, nearly 20 minutes to download and open up.

Not knowing anything much about PC's or the Internet (Servers etc) it can be very frustrating and quite worrying when things like this happen, because there is no real way of knowing at which end the fault lies. ( Just what IS a 'Server' ?? )

I appreciate that as soon as a fault develops the Powers That Be at HT whizz into action to try and resolve the problem, but even then sometimes matters are out of their hands as was the case this evening.

Anyway, at least I now know it was not my PC at fault as I was really beginning to panic.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.