Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi, we stayed at the Vic playa and are going back this August we loved it so much. I did right down the number of the rooms you are talking about as we were going to book them but apparantly you are unable to request them, i have lost the bit of paper with the numbers on but i think they were 204, 304 and 404. You can ring them and ask them and see what they say though. We have had to book interconnecting rooms this year as our son has reached 13 and is now considered an adult(!!) so lot more expensive!

As for the fridge it was not expensive, i think it was about £10 for the week. Not sure that that is correct but it would not have been much more and was well worth it as it had a safe in the top of it too.

If you need any info on the Vic Playa let me know. :D
Meant to say, if you stay in the rooms facing the pool it gets very very hot in the afternoon. so you are best asking for a room at the back of the hotel which looks out onto hills and bushes and inthe distance the sea, nice and quiet and very cool in the afternoon. We stayed in 239 last year which is right at the end of the second floor so no noise from the lift, but we did hear the glass bin being emptied every morning about 8.30!! :shock: but then we were getting up then anyway. I hope we get that side again.

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions.
Hi and thanks for such a quick reply. Did you hire the fridge from the hotel when you got there as I can't see the option to book it with Thomson? I'm lost without a fridge on holiday (how sad am I)?!
Yes i did hire it from the hotel. Last year it was on the options when you booked, but this year it was not. I questioned this with the agent as we need one for medication for my son that has to be keep cold and they told me that i may need to fax the hotel direct and ask them as it is not on the options this year. It could be because that all rooms are allocated with a fridge now and if you choose to use it you get given a key when you pay for it. They do have loads of fridges though. If you are unable to reserve one for when you go, when you get there send hubby to the desk and get in quick! When are you going this year?

We met loads of people last year who return year after year. one family have been going 13 years! one 8 years! and one 4 years!

The air con is brilliant there. If you leave it on low during the day, when you come back to your room it is lovely and cool.

No loud noise at night and security guards patrol and hotel floors all night. So everyone gets a good nights sleep.

We are not usually ones to return to a place for a second time, but this place is everything we want from a holiday and we did not want to risk the chance of spending so much money on somewhere else that was not as good. I know some people might not agree, but when both kids are happy then mum and dad are happy and can relax.
:D
let me know you need any more help. :D :D
Thanks again for your reply. We will be going in summer hols and can't wait :D
thats when we go too. you wont be disapointed i promise. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.