Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I've asked for it to be added to our reviews Shirley
:wink: ShirleyV - I have stayed there! Will send a report tomorrow! V.good...good location! :shock: SORRY Fiona! Yet another report that went..erm..missing in action!
I'm sure Shirley will be delighted with a good review Pam :D
:lol:

We stayed there for one night in 2003. EXCELLENT location - the road running parallel with the Khaosan Road.

We had started our time in Thailand by flying into Bangkok and staying overnight at the Asia Hotel near the airport...and got the first internal flight out the next morning to Koh Samui. After spending some time there...we went to Koh Lanta, then Koh Phi Phi...next Krabbi, then Phuket - as there were more flights back to Bangkok from there. We wanted to book the Viengtai Hotel ..we'd read up about it in the Rough Guide. Unfortunately when we rang they were fully booked. Decided to just get into Bangkok and look for somewhere else. At Phuket airport we were asked where we were staying..explained...and the gentelman at the desk said he knew the manager! He rung...and got us in!!! :lol: As there were four of us travelling we needed two rooms...he said unfortunately he could only get twin bedded rooms and not double. We were only staying for one night so that was no problem at all. The bonus being...exactly the same price as the Rough Guide had said! He also booked us a taxi to pick us straight up from the airport to take us there. Everything went smoothly. Hotel was absolutely ideal. Location too. To be honest...we didn't stay for long in the hotel :lol: - freshened up and straight out in tuk tuk to Wot Po - back to Khaosan Road for shopping and dinner - bed...next morning up at 7 and off to pier where we took a 2 hour river cruise in long tail boat...back to pier by 11.30 and back to hotel to pack as we had to leave by midday. We left our luggage in a 'safe' room at the hotel and back out again! Lunch...Royal Palace - back to Khaosan Road for MORE shopping :lol: and drinks. Back to hotel to pick up our luggage and then on to Asia Hotel ready for return journey. Dumped stuff and straight out for something to eat! Bed at 11 - up at 2.30am to get to airport for flight home. Would have no hesitation staying there again.
pam7 thanks sounds good and the location is great, will probably book it soon, thanks, shirleyv xxxxxxx
Glad to be of help Shirley. :wink: The spell check on here turns W o t Po into Wot Po though!!! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.