Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
leg room no diff from any other charter flight [tight]
there are the normal snacks ie hot and cold sandwiches pringles ect
slightly cheaper than some airlines but far cheaper tro take your own
We were flying with Viking, Delayed flight for 3 hours, cases were on the plane, but then they had to refuel and so cases were taken off (to reshuffle the weight around, so we were told.) Anyhow they didn't put them back on. Now i don't think this was a mistake, i think this airline do it on a regular basis, at a convienience to them, maybe to claim back time? They wouldn't have to off load luggage at the other end and therefore could get back onto schedule for the next flight.

I have searched the web and can see that this has happened to many people travelling from many different destinations.
I hate to think that Viking can get away with this kind of behaviour and at such an inconvienc to all that was on our flight. I have a number to phone regarding our cases they will be delivered to us on Weds at some point (we arrived on Friday). Can they really do this? Can I take this matter further?

Airlines get delayed all the time, I was delayed 2 hours each way with thomas cook in June, and also delayed 3 hours with them last year.

Airlines don't keep there planes on the ground for no reason as for every second on the ground is costing them money, ie airport charges etc. I think your baggage theory is way off the mark why would an airline diliberatly not load a passangers bags and shell out the cost of haveing to deliver them to the passangers, have you every thought it may of been the fault of the ground handling agents for the airline that didn't reload them. I can appreciate you have had a bad experience, but your theory sounds way of the mark to me.

Steve
regarding off loaded baggage......
There was a technical problem with the aircraft, resulting in the aircraft having to fly at a lower altitude than normal, therefore needing baggage to be off loaded. this is now fixed and shouldnt happen in future.

regarding delays.....this happens on any airline. anywhere, anytime. :cheers
we fly to sharm el sheikh with viking from manchester at 10.30 am on 11th october, ( VIK275 )when would the earliest we could find out if there was a delay, ie......would it be the same plane that comes in the evening before from sharm,
DebbieCambs,

Delays happen for many reasons so even if the aircraft arrives ontime, there could be a ground or ATC delay. The aircraft operates VIK273/4 (MAN-Zakinthos-MAN) before your flight so you can keep an eye on whether the aircraft is at least on time inbound. Even if it shows a delay, you still need to check-in at the assigned time.

Darren
thanks Daz, we will be there at the right time but just curious thats all, we are staying at hotel night before and got internet access, so thought we could track it before we leave for airport, looked for flights from zak to manchester landing that day but they only show in the afternoon and evening and we go in the morning at 10.30, do you think they might change our times
DebbieCambs,

I can only go off the flight logs I have, that's the patterns they're running at the moment. Given you're going in October, after the summer school holiday rush, the schedules might change. Remind me at the end of September and I'll take another look for you.

Darren
sorry one more thing, are they allowed to change your flight to an afternoon if youve booked specifally a morning flight (if that may be the case)
DebbieCambs,

It depends what's in their terms and conditions, but yes, they can change the flight if necassary. A minor change is normally regarded as up to 12 hours.

Darren
Hi, Has anyone travelled with Viking Airlines to Zante as I need to contact them to confirm flights but they never answer their phones or email. Anyone have any suggestions as I am getting really worried. Even OTB don't know what I can do?
Can you not call the company you booked the flights with - rather than Viking direct?
Hi
Returned home yesterday from Cyprus and we flew Viking Airlines - excellent from the minute we checked in at the airport. The check in staff, on board crew where amongst the friendliest I have ever come across. :tup
They served snacks on board which you buy but hey at £3.50 for a baguette or panninni much better than £12 or so for a 'meal'
We had a slight delay of 45 minutes on return but due to air traffic control.
Would certainly fly with them again.
Bonus was that we were travelling as a party of 4 so had 3 seats plus an aisle and then no one in next 2 seats so 6 seats between us.
Any questions please ask?
Irene
Just back (yesterday) from Sharm el Sheikh; Viking were fine, much better than some others I've used. 15 minutes late off the ground at LGW, 5 minutes late otg at SSH. Flight crew excellent, any questions, just ask.
Hi. I am flying Viking on the 24th September to Lanzarote, anyone flown this route and how was the flight?
blandy21,

MAN-ACE is approximately 4 hours 20 minutes.

Darren
DebbieCambs
we fly to sharm el sheikh with viking from manchester at 10.30 am on 11th october, ( VIK275 )when would the earliest we could find out if there was a delay, ie......would it be the same plane that comes in the evening before from sharm,

VIK275 11/09 MAN-SSH is the first flight of the day for that aircraft, It operates MAN-SSH-MAN the day before and is due to arrive back in MAN at 0325 on 11/09 so shouldn't have any problems! Enjoy your flight with Viking I hope you enjoy it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.