Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
you can get good flights and bad flights with any airline ,but when you see the reasons for a bad fight with viking
for example bags offloaded with no infomation passed on no water on board and in my case a 9 hour delay due to a sick cabin crew . then maybe you should not dissmiss them so quickly .
i have been flying for many years and been delayed many times , but never with or hearing about the problems that viking have

IAN
So, a new airline had a communication problem regarding the baggage - its not like other airlines never misplace or lose baggage at all is it?
The lack of water on board, well - I'm not a seasoned traveller - I just fly to Greece for my jollies once a year but ALWAYS carry a litre bottle of drinking water and have hand wipes/tissues in my hand baggage for freshening up during the flight, mopping up spills and in case the toilets on board have run out (Public toilets sometimes do run out of tissue etc - it happens in my local pubs and clubs all the time!) I thought thiese precautions were just a matter of common sense.
As for a sick cabin crew member - well they could really factor that into their plans couldnt they? and the poor person was probably too scared of losing their job again to call in sick beforehand.............
Oh - I too have been delayed on several flights but can say hand on heart that it has always been due to incompetent passengers who can't seem to organise themselves to get to and through the airport in good time.
So far I have not heard anything that makes me think that Viking are not perfectly capable of providing me with a good chance of having a perfectly reasonable flight across to Skiathos for my jollidays and I lokk forward to travelling with them.
Culdnt agree more with alicatz25, as my previous post said i had no problems with the outbound flight and just a short delay on the inbound due loading cargo, couldnt fault he cabin crew, food, drink and duty free available.

A small problem of drunken girls in front of us on the outbound flight was soon sortded by them in a proffessional manor.

And as for seeing the xl badges on the trolleys, we asked the cabin crew and there answer was quite simple, " the stock from xl were being sold very cheap so viking bought it", Quite normal in buisness really.

So all in all we will be booking again for november
EDIT: Betty1 .. I think you need to calm down, read the posts again of the member you are attacking, and then feel free to re-post in a more friendly and less hostile manner.
David HT Mod
Hi
5 weeks to go now till we fly with Viking and as said in previous posts there are good and bad with all airlines.
Nice to read all the comments......... I will post on our return.
I am always happy top see our cases on the carousel at the destination airport. :sun2
Irene
Irene wrote:
I am always happy top see our cases on the carousel at the destination airport.

Im the same lol, can never settle till i see them lol
Can anyone help??!! We have just this morning booked through Qwerty travel to go to Corfu on Aug 17th from Manchester and we are flying with Viking. I am a terrible flyer and have read some awful reviews so I am stressing 6 weeks in advance now!! Are they really bad and does anyone know which planes fly to Corfu? Is it the MD's or the newer ones?

Thanks.
see my post on page 6 on my flight to corfu from manchester
planes were 737s
there was nothing to make me think that they not were perfectly safe, only a lack of resources should problems ocur

wishing u a good flight IAN
KarenG72,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find lots of information about the airline on this thread as well as our What Aircraft? guide. Flights are operated by the 737-800 fleet. The MD80 isn't operating UK flights. You have to take reviews with a pinch of salt. You'll find most people will post reviews when they have something to complain about rather than something positive that can lead to a bias.

Darren
exrlref wrote:
I might add a travel agent friend has said they will not book anyone with Viking.

Pathetic if you ask me!! Do 1!
dollydoll,

Welcome onboard :tup
dollydoll wrote:
I might add a travel agent friend has said they will not book anyone with Viking.

In order for us to understand this opinion, can you expand a little please? Why won't they book with Viking? It's no use to others unless there's an explanation.

Darren
exrlref wrote:

Absolutely PATHETIC!!! Would like to know their reasons for not booking anyone with Viking?????
Hi dollydoll ... I have edited your messages to indicate to others that you are in fact quoting from someone else's post. That post was 4 months ago and as exrlref has never posted since, you may not get any reply,

David :wave
It's an airline like any other, no airline is paerfect every time and they all have there problems. I wouldn't say I never travel with thomas cook again after being delayed 2 hours each way because I know it can happen with any airline.

This is what consumers need, airlines go under and we as a consumer need other airlines to step in and take there place or we end up paying extortianate prices to the larger companies, so the least we can do is support the smaller airlines so that we can all afford to go on holiday. Rant over

Steve
As an agent we have dealt with Viking and Kiss Flights from the start and have booked hundreds of customers with them.

Always find the Kiss flights team helpfull and they will do anything they possibly can to help plus i am not left on hold for 02hrs trying to get through to speak with someone unlike other tour operators.
There has been a few delays about but nothing any different from any other airline. As an agent we will continue to promote them wherever we can enjoy dealing with them along with hundreds of other agents too.

Thanks
It is unfortunate for the Viking team to have links to the old XL airways management however remote.

Kiss Flights are/were run by some ex XL people but all this does not make either of them a bad or sub-standard product.

If you look back at the history of airlines going bust and the phoenix-like emergenge of new company with different name but same clothes it has not been un-common.

XL's demise was very public and because of this the new companies images have been tarnished before they even started.

I am speaking as one who was stranded in the Canaries when XL went under but I would have no hesitation of flying with Viking.

They are now working in partnership with Sunwing, who are a Canadian operator and are run by a very experienced team.

Viking and Sunwing are to use each others 737's season dependant.

As with every purchase select your holiday supplier wisely check your cover and book with a Visa card for extra protection and then sit back and enjoy your well deserved holiday.

p.s

Beware of the serial complainers -this site and tripadviser are littered with those who just go on holiday to find fault with everything - for those people please only post constructively and please please get a life and enjoy your holiday experience for what it is - a wonderful chance to taste other cultures and lifestyles.

Andy
We were flying with Viking, Delayed flight for 3 hours, cases were on the plane, but then they had to refuel and so cases were taken off (to reshuffle the weight around, so we were told.) Anyhow they didn't put them back on. Now i don't think this was a mistake, i think this airline do it on a regular basis, at a convienience to them, maybe to claim back time? They wouldn't have to off load luggage at the other end and therefore could get back onto schedule for the next flight.

I have searched the web and can see that this has happened to many people travelling from many different destinations.
I hate to think that Viking can get away with this kind of behaviour and at such an inconvienc to all that was on our flight. I have a number to phone regarding our cases they will be delivered to us on Weds at some point (we arrived on Friday). Can they really do this? Can I take this matter further?
Hi can anybody tell me if manchester to corfu on 5.40 am monday mornings is the 737-800 plane? and is baggage 15 or 20kg if booked with kiss?
i went on the same flight a 737 and 15 kilos plus 5 kilos hand lugage
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.