Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
killiefaetheferry,

Welcome onboard :tup
Refer to the bottom of page 1 of this thread for aircraft information.

Darren
Cheers Darren. Just wanted to get a feel for what this 'new' set up is like. Don't want to book if the service/safety is :swear, but quite happy to give a new company a chance. They do have a bad rep, but as I've now been directed to the website, I have discovered that it is brand new......the last time I went on Viking website it was rubbish, with no real info and looked pretty shabby IMO. The new website does actually lok like they are serious about giving the Uk hols market a go, and I feel a bit more confident about booking with them.
we have booked flight only with viking can any one tell me what aircraft and seating plans are for our flight
manchester-tenerife 28th august 2009 18.15 VIK347
tenerife-manchester 5th september 2009 22.45 VIK348
thanks
laineyp,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-TFS-MAN (VIK347/8) are operated by a Boeing 737-800. Refer to our What Aircraft? thread for more details. They are configured 3-3 with 28" seat pitch.

Darren
Thanks Darren for your prompt reply i am a nervous flyer and you hear all this stuff then wonder how safe the aircraft is cheers :)
Good monrning everyone.

We were looking at booking flights with Viking to Chania, the flight number being VIK325. Would anyone happen to know the type of plane they are using? Also, if anyone has already flown to Chania with Viking, could you please share your experience?

Many thanks in advance

Bill
fraxos,

They Normally Operate A Boeing 737-800 On This Route

Gower
We are booked on a Viking flight VIK455 to Skiathos out of Manchester in September. Could anyone advise what the aircraft/seat pitch is likely to be? My hubby is 6' 4 so if the seat pitch is 28 inches he could be uncomfy!
alicatz25,

Your flights are operated by a Boeing 737-800. Refer to our What Aircraft? thread for more details.

Darren
we are booked for 3 adults going to sharm in sep and my daughter has a different surname to me so without having to fork out more for seats together do they seat you as a booking or by surname, dont mind if across aisle or behind
DebbieCambs,

Seating is allocated at check-in on a first come, first served basis based on your booking. As long as you are there in plenty of time, ie 2 hours before your scheduled departure, you should be ok.

Darren
brill.......ill get there 3 hrs before then,lol
ok , i have booked these flights vik275 on 11th oct and vik276 on 18th oct coming back, for 3 people, we are going from manchester, what type of plane is it and are you definately allocated seats on arrival, as i didnt think airlines did that anymore
Only a seclection of no frills flight don't allocate seats on arrival like Easyjet and Ryanair. Chartered flights still alocate at check-in on first come first served basis.

Steve
DebbieCambs,

VIK275/6 are operated by a Boeing 737-800. As salford_steve mentions, the vast majority or airlines allocate seating. It's only a few of the low cost carriers that don't.

Darren
No probs. Get there about 2/2.5 hours early and you should be fine. As far as I am aware they don't charge any extra for legroom so you could be lucky.

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.