Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
have viited this hotel my friends was staying there its quite far from bars beach there room was underground pool area was nice very busy and lots of kids ive got a 5yr old she loved it u can get any drink you like slush cocktails they were nice hotel fine just location
Has anyone been here for half term? What was it like?
Is there any new comments etc about this Hotel from anyone? Has anyone been here recently?
not long now till i'm off on my hols but im getting really worried. has anyone been to this hotel this year? Is it any better than last year? Please help?!?!
bouncyblonde .... have you not visited the reviews page, which includes several recent reports - click here

David :wave
ok will do, am off to look now
Work on the cinema car park has started in ernest this last week. They have cleared the ground between the cinema and Villa Togorro. This is creating clouds of dust that covers the whole area. Heavy earth movers are present. Some of the Villas / rooms back on to the cinema car park. I'd avoid them if I was booked in.

:cry:
Thanks for that info, am off there in 2 weeks time so am gonna call trave agent tomo....cheers.
Hi there i am just back from tenerife today will give you guys a brief update on things, i was booked to go to villa tagoro also my brother and his wife, they booked the holiday 8 months ago and i booked mine 4 weeks ago . On the day we were supposed to go (friday 14 july) my brother got phone call to say villa tagoro was overbooked and he would be moved to noeila sor , i phone my travel agent and they never knew nothing about it . We arrived in tenerife in the early hours in the morning to say we were all getting moved and others too. So i can't really say how villa tagoro looked as it was dark. once we were in the noeila sur we met a lot more people in the same position (ie blue bands on the wrists saying villa tagoro) so that staff would know we were all inclusive but as this hotel only has full or half board it was a bit of a nightmare, will add my hotel review later but it seems that a lot of people are getting moved because it is supposed to be over booked so god knows whats going on but if you are booked just be aware that you might be moved.
The real reason may possibly be due to the fact they have been selling off the individual appts. Which means there will now be less holiday capacity than when people originally booked.
Can anyone shed any light on this hotel we are going there in 4 weeks just the basics like the food and entertainment? Also if any one has information on whats around it. We would mainly like to know the following.

Is the water park close by?

How far is the Zoo from it?

Any local markets and what days are they on?

Decent eating places?

I know this is asking a lot but thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
Derek
Hi there derek i am not sure if you read further down the forum about what i said about villa tagoro but just a warning we were supposed to be staying at villa tagoro from 14/07/06 till 21/07/06 and we were moved to their other hotel noeila sur. My brother also booked to stay in this hotel on the same dates too but he booked in march of this year and i only booked about the end of june this year through low cost beds. On the day we were leaving for tenerife his travel agent telephoned to say he was getting moved as their was a overbooking. We just thought maybe just a couple of people they had overbooked but no in our hotel there was quite a few people walking about with the villa tagoro wrist bands on and we all got talking and it was the same with them too all being overbooked. And all had booked with different travel agents and some were scottish like us welsh and english, someone says that some apartments in villa tagoro are getting sold off privately so i don't know if this is where the problems are coming from. But their other hotel noeila sur is only a half board hotel so we had a few problems with this and a gang of us all had to speak with the manager as the staff were very igornant to the fact that we were all inclusive ie ignoring us at the bar and as soon as someone came up without the wirst bands on they were served straight away. And other problems which i won't get into but if you get moved to this hotel, the hotel itself was great and very clean, we saw cleaners everywhere and at all times of the day and night. i think by the time all us people that were overbooked got speaking to the manger things got better, I hope that you don't get moved hotels but it is worth having prior knowledge what could happen once you are in the resort .
Thanks kazaa i hope things work out two holidays in the past two years have not been as advertised so heres hoping this one works out
No probs derek i hope i haven't put you off your holidays, i hope you don't get moved and have a good time, i wish it was me going on hols i only went for a week and i wished i had went for two as it was my first time to tenerife, i always go to lanzarote on my holidays . If you do get to stay in villa tagoro let me know what its like and that i am curious to know :D
Any one able to give me any idea as to what these are like, am looking at them for next August

thanks
It is not too far from the waterpark and it is very close to the Aqua Spa.

http://www.aquaclubtermal.com/default_ing.html

Wrong side of the TF1 for me therefore very hilly.
Villa Tagora is the complex on the left of the picture and the Spa is the larger of the two buildings on the right.
Villa Tagora and Spa It does lie on the landward side of the TF1 and is up hill the other picture gives an overall view of the area around villa Tagora which is in the centre of the frame.
Overall view

Have a look at the small map lower right to give an idea of where you are in Playa de Las Americas you can zoom in and out and move around the map as well.
Staying at the above A/I in 3 weeks time.Anybody got any info about (a) the hotel and (b)bars /pubs near by eg prices,entertainment,brands of lager cider available and (c) anything else you might think is useful

Cheers

1st visit to Tenerife for 15 years
PS 2 ADULTS 1 17 year old and 1 14 year old but we are going with 5 other couples and kids
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.