Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
last may we stayed here
http://www.villarenters.com/advert_summary.asp?ref=22108

we were the first people to ever stay here & it was lovely

looking at the pics just brought it all back :)
my first time in cyprus
we hired a car and i wouldnt say its essential, just makes life easier, and they drive on the same side as UK so i drove a few times too

there a more villas @ the above link, ours is just a suggestion :)
Hello

Thanks for that. We would be very interested booking this type of villa through a company like Villa Renters. The villa featured looks great and we are very keen on the Kapparis area having stayed there before.

Can you tell me what safeguards are in place, when you book direct with the owner. For example, how do you know if they are genuine, and could they cancel your booking, if they decide to stay there themselves?

Many Thanks
Hi,

I can understand your worries but you will find that the vast majority of owners (if not all) will go out of their way to be helpful to you.

Most owners (speaking as one myself) are very proud of their holiday homes and want you to have a good time there. It is not in their interests to back out of the deal or do anything dodgy as they rely on recommendations from people who have stayed there.

From correspondence with them you should be able to get an idea of what they are like. I think that most scams can be checked out with a little bit of digging.

I have never heard of a holiday home owner taking a booking and then deciding to stay there themselves - they would have nothing to gain from that.

Maybe talk to your insurance company to see if in the unlikely event that anything like that happened you would still be covered.

I don't know about in the East but in the West there is an abundance of holiday homes and villas and I am sure that if someone did pull out then you would be able to find alternative accommmodation.

I hope this helps a little but you really need input from people who have booked holiday villas and been through that side of the process.
The 4 stars **** that have appeared in my message above do not represent a swear word and I did not put them in!!!! It should say a word which involves someone misleading you but I can't type it here or else the **** will appear again.
Cyprus3... I rent my apartment through Villarenters and assure you there is a big page of Terms & Conditions for both renter and owner. If you get round to checking availability/pricing, you can view the renter's Ts&Cs by clicking "Click here to view the terms and conditions". It even gives the name and address of the owner!

If you click the "Member Info" tab, you can get a good idea of the owner's activity and number of rentals. But not all owners use VR exclusively, so it may not be accurate.

The reviews are also genuine.

Hope this helps, Marion
The **** word is censored as it could be used in a context which could lead to libel problems.
The word C0N even gets edited out when used in conjunction with the word "air" as in air con (conditioning).

Mark
I would have no worries when booking in Cyprus.

My son and his little family booked a villa in Ayia Triada this year, it was his first time in Cyprus and he was extremely anxious about it. Everything went great, fabulous villa, spotless, with everything he needed in it. He did the same for his second week in Paphos, and again absolutely no problems.

In the case of the first villa, it was also the owners first time letting. There must be a great deal of trust from both aspects, as I wouldn't fancy letting my home to strangers.

Cheers,
Janet
Thankyou so much everyone for your really helpful replies, now it is just a matter of chosing the accomodation we like! :D
Hi I don't know whether you have found an a villa yet, but I booked this year with

http://www.cypruseastcoast.com t

his year and they have a really good selection of new and nearly new villas to rent.
Hi a friend of ours has 2 properties next door to each other, in a fantastic position, at the end of a very small cul de sac, and at the bottom is the beach!!!

have a look at holiday-rentals property number 63737.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.