Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Welcome theladyk .... the company has not been mentioned on the forums recently, however we do have a topic about them from 2008:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=48006

David :wave
Hi
in august 2008 10 of us were looking for a 6 bed villa.Booked really cheap flights for a tuesday and then found out that all the rental companies only took booking for thursday and saturday! We were in a right panic,rang all the agencies,none were interested but villastogo. They came up with a great villa and we had a fantastic time.
Can't praise villasto go enough, would have no hesitation in using them again.
Jeanie
Thanks David / Jeanie- that's reassuring to know.

Yeah, I've noticed that some villa companies are strict with what days you can book to travel on - seems daft really when you can some really dirt-cheap flights mid-week.

Am thinking of going to Portugal where they seem to have quite a lot of villas - has anyone got any advice on Villastogo or bookin villas in general in the Algarve?

Thanks in advance
Hi again
should have said,it was the algarve we went to. villastogo got us a lovely villa on the quinta da balaia, 15 mins walk to the strip.
last year we booked through ownersdirect and had another beautiful villa along side the strip, would walk to albufeira along the beach.
Am keeping a close eye on flights for next year as the bigger villas are getting booked up and my children and grandchildren are tied to school holidays.
Have a lok at ownersdirect and holiday rentals, theres some lovely villas to rent
Jeanie
Just wanted to update you that i opted or a villa in Mallorca with Villas to Go in the end after trawling through Portuguese villas for weeks!

They have just launched a New Year deal and I managed to save over £2,000 off a two week stay (it's still quite a lot of money mind, but then I'm used to staying in hotels so I hope you get what you pay!)

They were very helpful on the phone and let me speak to someone that had actually visited the property that put my mind at ease.

Hope everything goes ok - it seems a bit weird paying a deposit for accommodation months before going, but I've looked around and it seems most villa companies work this way - even sites like Holiday rentals want money up front.

Anyway, will post back here when I return to let you all know how my family and I get on
sure you and your family will have a brilliant time,I have just booked a villa through ownersdirect to portugal, this is the second time we have booked through them and not had any problems,in fact its nice to be in touch with the owners as they can give you a lot more details of there property
Jeanie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.