Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
VISA HELP !!!
8 Posts
As far as I know you wont need anything, providing she has a passport, give £10 over at the Entry port and her passport will be stamped, valid for three months.
she has her own passport,
thanks
If there is a problem I would imagine that it would be at the point of embarkation in the UK.
The problem could be if your daughter is underage.
My wife brought my grandaughter back from germany (aged 7) without our daughter being present, but we were unable to book the tickets in the UK.
However booked in germany with no problem.
I would suggest that you contact the airline/ tour operator.
The laws regarding this have been tightened somewhat in recent years owing to child abduction and in the present climate a man travelling with a young girl with a different name etc (I am guessing at that)would be immediately viewed with concern, or at least I hope he would!
Thats an excellent point. Best be safer than sorry, get an official letter and carry the contact details of her mother in case you have a problem. You might not need to use them but if you are questioned then you will have all the relevant paperwork, so as not to delay your departure or add unwanted stress to your holiday.
Leechy think i'd get a letter from the mum giving contact details and permission just incase. I remember one year my daughter being questioned as to her age date of birth at Gatwick. I was really surprised but she and my son were on our passports.True better safe than sorry.
Hi
we have taken our grandaughter's abroad several times(different surname to ours)and have never had a problem either at the booking stage or at the airports.Have just booked Turkey for june 2008.

regards

sharpy
Same here we have taken our grandkids away with us for years since they were very small, to Turkey.
Had no problems, but sound advice, no harm taking letter from her Mum, just to be on the safe side
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.