Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
We also make a point of telling our fellow passengers to do the same if they aren't going to need a visa

Yes thats my favourite bit Pip. Telling fellow holiday makers not to part with their hard earned cash .I do tend to get a bit overexcited at that point and the rest of my family disown and back away from me with embarassment at that stage. :que The 4 of them just find a corner and roll their eyes. :rofl
:rofl It must be a 'woman' thing because I do the same. Can't stand to see people being ripped off.
:rofl . Yes the 4 males all squirming with embarrassment in the corner Lesley think I should just pay the money . NO CHANCE :rofl they just dont understand why I make such a fuss every year.
lynwestie wrote:
I do tend to get a bit overexcited at that point and the rest of my family disown and back away from me with embarassment at that stage.
Yes! I distinctly remember Nats telling me to 'Shut-up'! :rofl
Hi there,

Visiting Sharm in May and know I will be ok without a Visa as been before, 14 days, Sharm only etc etc, but my girlfriend is Australian. Any ideas on whether she can just get a stamp on arrival as well?

The Egyptian consulate in London doesn't mention it, and the one in Sydney gives no real clue. :que

Thanks,
T.
Tierra
The London Embassy mentions UK and EU nationals, but it does say this

Holders of passports other than UK, EU, Japanese, Singapore, Australian, New Zealand, Canadian and U.S.A., must have at least six months validity on their UK visa when applying

Try emailing the Egyptian Consulate in Sydney: visa@egypt.org.au
thanks for that, and yes think I will email Sydney. I did email the office in London as thought with the amount of Aussies in the UK they may know, but not even a response back.
Does anyone know the current cost for an entry/exit visa at Hurghada airport?

Is it priced in Egyptian pounds, and what's the best money to take?

Many thanks. Sid.
now my travel agent has said that in the 6 yrs shes been going to sharm shes only bought a visa the first time adn not bothered since as you really dont need one, she says she even went snorkelling at ras mohammed adn didnt need a visa as it is in the sinai area, is this right as one of our party may go diving, its all very confusing isnt it?
I now know I don't need a visa for Taba but we intend visiting Petra, Masada and the Dead Sea so we do we need one if we are going to visit these areas? These will all be day trips.
You certainly won't need an Egyptian visa as these places are in Jordan and Israel.
As far as I know any necessary border charges/visa are arranged locally.
Help- I am confused :(
I dont think we need visas as we are just chilling in sharm and not taking trips but our 12 year old is thinking of doing the FC dive course that includes a sea reef dive. Will they need a visa ? and if so do we all in the party/family have to get one?
Thanks in advance :)
No - it would only get all wet and soggy :D
Seriously though, the visa would be much cheaper... :D

Ok - tongue out of cheek - he does not need a visa for a dive course in Sharm. Your travel operator may suggest he does 'just in case' something happens and he needs taking to Sharm (perish the thought). In reality the best diving doctor for miles around is in Sharm, and anyway it won't happen...
Thanks alanwall! Do I take it you are a nervous diver?
I think we will not get the visas and see what they try and say in resort.
No. i'm not a nervous diver - well maybe just a little on the head first descent down the Bells at Dahab - though not as much as the pair in front who aborted the arch and I missed it because all I could see was their bubbles.
Perhaps this year!

We'll be travelling in July and certainly not buying Visa's although we're with a different travel operator this year so may get a bit more pressure to comply at Taba.
going to sharm in june .we have just booked a day trip to cario overnight on coach the company say we need a visa ? 2 years ago we went to cario from sharm by plane and didnt need a visa.do we need one or not :que if we do where do we get it and what is the cost 3 adults 1 child.
Yes you do need one if you are going to cairo and that would of been the case 2 years ago as well :que you get it on arrival at Sharm .
Are you sure you didnt have it last time . Many people would of been herded into the visa line anyway to hand over their money whether they needed one or not . have a look in your passport . Is there a sticker or just a stamp ? . Now it is more commonly known that you do not necessarily need one .

On arrival at sharm you either have the choice to purchase a visa or go straight to passport control. If you read back on this thread you will find the price but I believe it's £15 each or you can buy in dollars and it works out cheaper .

lyn
looked at passport no sticker dont know how we did it :que how mush in dollars is a visa?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.