Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi yes the visa is $15 and you defo need one for Cairo. Rules have changed on diving regulations and we had to fill in a form for the boat trip to Tiran Island and take our passports which had to be faxed to the Embassy and we had to wait for approval to be faxed back. Tour companies were saying that you NO longer need a visa for Ras Mohammed.
Hi we have just booked to go to Hurgharda next april for 2 weeks for the Dana Beach hotel and have being reading so many things about Visa's does anyone know if you get them once you landed in Egypt or if you can get them at the embassy at the Airport before taking off
You get them before you go through passport control at the airport in Hurghada. Cost is presently £13.

regards

Stew
Hi the visa is priced and marked as $15 - when I need a visa I always get $ to pay for it as it is the cheapest way to buy it with the exchange rates. Some selling the visa will try and tell you it is £15. If you dont want to queue you can apply for it by post from the Egyptian Consulate in London but will be dearer.
Hi,
When i went to sharm a couple of years ago i looked at the forum and people were being told to pay in us dollars but when i got there they point blank refused to take them. I'm going to Hurghada this year and people are still saying the same (to pay in dollars) but will they refuse them?? Is there a certain place to go to??

Thanks Elaine
Going to Sharm is 4 weeks - we are not planning on going on any trips or leaving the hotel for that matter - Honeymoon 2 weeks no kids im sitting in the sun all day.

Anyway do we need a visa and if not what is it we say / write to not have one
... write "Sinai only" on the back of the landing card - and go straight to the passport booth on arrival.
They will stamp your passport with the 'tourist stamp', valid for a single entry into Egypt for a stay of up to two weeks.

No messing...
Hi in April my mum and friend went to Cairo and they paid for theirs at Sharm in $.
:que Help I'm really confused. We are going to Sharm on 3rd July for 2 weeks. My husband is going to be diving at Ras Mohammed and a couple of other sites so think that he needs a visa, I am planning on perhaps accompanying on the boat a couple of times but unsure where these will be going - so will I need a visa and my boys are planning on doing quad biking in desert so do they need a visa. Help.....
Please advise.
Hi jazzyjane :wave:
Help I'm really confused. We are going to Sharm on 3rd July for 2 weeks. My husband is going to be diving at Ras Mohammed and a couple of other sites so think that he needs a visa, I am planning on perhaps accompanying on the boat a couple of times but unsure where these will be going - so will I need a visa and my boys are planning on doing quad biking in desert so do they need a visa. Help.....
Please advise.

Ras Mohammed - No Visa required.
Accompanying - No Visa required.
Quad Bikes - No Visa.

If husband is going diving at Tiran Island he will need a Visa.

Graham
:tup Thanks for this. I think he is diving at Tiran Island so I'll advise him to get a visa - if I accompany him on the boat to Tiran Island will I need a visa then
Graham my hubby and sons have dived Tiran on a number of occasions and never had a visa . I think you have it the wrong way round :think . Ras mohamed I have always believed - visa required but Tiran - no visa required.
Hi Lynne

From an earlier post
Rules have changed on diving regulations and we had to fill in a form for the boat trip to Tiran Island and take our passports which had to be faxed to the Embassy and we had to wait for approval to be faxed back. Tour companies were saying that you NO longer need a visa for Ras Mohammed.

Which is also the way that I understand the current situation :think
I remember reading that now Graham . :think . I think we probably need some clarification on this one . Hubby last dived Tiran in April but I see Nana posted this in May . Visa isnt mentioned for Tiran only that forms had to be filled in and passports faxed to Embassy. Can you confirm Nana ?
I've just been reading through this topic and just really want to confirm if you can pay for the visa in dollars as well. My daughter and her boyfriend are going to Egypt (Hurghada) for the first time on 7th July, and I don't want to have to be worrying about how to pay for the visa.

When we went to Sharm in January, it was £13, but if they can pay in dollars, it will work out quite a bit cheaper.

Thanks Jane
we just got back from sharm and i had the correct money in dollars 15. but they refused this and said it had to be egyption or sterling ?
As a first timer to Egypt, I have been reading through this & other very helpful threads. Having read of the seeming confusion & possible hassle around getting the visa on landing, we decided to get the visas from the Consulate before we go, sent the paperwork off last Tuesday, got the passports back yesterday. Hopefully this will save us some time as well when we land, especially as we have a taxi booked, so no waiting on a coach for ages :)
I have just returned on 16th July from Sharm and you do not need a visa for Tiran Island but you do have to take your passport the rep said it was just for security reasons.
We're going to Taba next june and im wondering if we need visas?
We have no intention of leaving the resort as we've already seen the sights on a previous visit.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.