Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi I too made an enquiry to the Egyptian Consulate as we are travelling to sharm el sheik at the end of June, but do plan to visit Cairo. This was their response, I do hope you find it helpful.

Yvonne (Dundee)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

Regarding your enquiry, regarding visas, E.U. Nationals don't need visas for Taba, Dahab, Nuweiba or Sharm El Sheikh if staying only in one of these resorts and for up to 14 days. If they wish to travel anywhere outside these areas or stay longer, which is your case, visas will be required.

You can purchase your visas upon arrival at Sharm airport (please inform immigration officer that you will be travelling to other areas), but are advised to obtain your visas in advance in order to avoid lengthy queues at the airport.

Regarding tourism information, please contact our Tourist Office:

Egyptian Tourist Office in London
Egyptian House, 170 Piccadilly, London W1V 9DD
Tel: 020 74935283 Fax: 020 7480295
E-mail: tourismegypt@visitegypt.org.uk
hi all. Im sure I shouldnt be asking this here and the answer will be found somewhere but im being lazy today . having only been to sharm before what is the situation regarding visas for nuweiba when we go 2 weeks time . everyone except me will be diving by the way ;)

lyn
Hi Lynn, :wave:

You don't need a visa if your're staying in Nuweiba, only if your're going out of Sinai------Cairo etc
thanks Dor . do you know if the rest of my family need one for diving :think
Hi Lyn,

Nobody will need a visa for diving in areas local to Nuweiba. I expect, either Alanwall or Everest will advise you of the nearest diving venues where you would need a visa.
hi Carrot . thanks for that . if they dont see this I will send them a pm :wave:
Have to trek all the way down to Ras Mohammed before a visa is needed. Emperor at Nuweiba now do a great day out to Dahab but it's still in the visa free Sinai.
thanks Alan . We wont be bothering with the visas then ;)
Can someone please advise me, I am going to Egypt in May, we are not planning to travel outside Sharm so are not planning to purchase a visa at the airport. I wish to know that if I changed my mind when out there would I be able to purchase a Visa from anywhere when in Sharm??
Thanks
Becky
Usually the tour company reps will get you one for a slightly elevated price. you are only likely to need one for one of their trips and they wouldn't want to turn you away now, would they :tup
Maybe you could go to the airport and get your own... :think
Maybe you could go to the airport and get your own...

Come off it, Alan! They charge enough for their trips, make them work for the money! :really
I'm not sure, but I dont think, as a tourist, you would be allowed through as far as the visa desk if you returned to the airport, would you? It is no problem at all for the reps.
Maybe Rog - but I think our tour op was asking £30 quid to get you a visa post-arrival...
£30 sterling!!?? That is utterly disgusting! The trouble is that people let them get away with it without querying, mainly because they aren't aware of the facts. What makes it even worse is that the reps who operate this, shall we say "system" to avoid trouble, are doing it purely to line their own pockets as I am certain that they do not pass on any of the "profit" to the Tour companies.
I have obtained visas in Sharm, post arrival, for the standard price with no extras. It is possible so dont let them tell you otherwise.
Hi guys - know this has been posted time and time and time again - but........... friends of ours are going to Sharm for their first visit April 26th. Am I correct in telling them they do NOT need to get a visa and just need only to write SINAI ONLY on the back of their embarkation form and proceed directly to Passport \Control. and to completely disregard the pressure off everyne to get a visa. Only reason I am asking is that yesterday they were informed by their travel agent that it is a NEW thing and they will need to get a visa --- has anything changed since my last visit... thanks folks
Blue xx
Hi Blue

Yes you are correct, they don't need a visa. Write Sinai only and proceed straight to passport control.
Nothing has changed, it is just a bit of pressure to get you to buy one.
Thanks Graham - it's three years since we went to Sharm so wondered if things had changed...........
Thanks once more
Heather :tup
Just a question about area of coverage for visas, we are going to Holiday village and will only plan on going on quad bikes and down in to Sharm. What area have I got before I will need to buy a visa.

Thanks

Ron
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.