Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi jo

I have no idea how that happened because you have the passport security to go through after getting a visa, the man checks it has been stamped then you can go through to collect luggage. If it hasnt been stamped, our friend had to queue up again to get the stamp.

Unless you bought the visa before getting to sharm? Even so, it still gets looked at before collecting luggage.
Do you need a visa and if you are going to 'Sinai only'?
Very strange indeed Jo, it should have been stuck in to your passport when it was issued :que

Bexmark26, no visa required - http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=189
We were just given the visa (the FC rep pointed us in the direction of the booth and told us to purchase one there but did not mention that it needed to actually have been stuck into the passport and stamped) - it wasnt even stuck into the passports - we assumed this was what happens! Mind you on arrival to the hotel a number of people had also assumed this - at least the taxi drivers were happy as they had to take us back to the airport! It wasnt a big issue just annoying. Still we will know better next time

Jo x
Hi Jo

If you got the visas at the airport etc, how did you get through passport control without the man noticing it? You normally hav eto have it at the correct page and stamp? :que
We were staying in Sharm and later travelling onto Luxor so we didnt need the visa for Sharm - it wasnt until we were talking to the rep at the hotel in Sharm that he told us the visa should be stuck in the passport and stamped - hence the return to the airport the day before we were due tgo go to Luxor.

Jo x
Us or the airport officials!!!! :think

Not a major issue but just thought I would share the experience with any other first timers

Jo x
:rofl No your not a plonker Jo, i mean the people you were dealing with :really It really saddens me when holiday-makers do not get the correct information, then have to waste time correcting the fault.
When we went with thomson, they told the holiday-makers that they could get the visas if they changed their minds and wanted to go out of the sinai. I often wonder if these were stamped etc, i remember our rep saying (who was hardly ever there and was useless this year)she could get them, but no mention of them being in the passport etc.
Its a good job, you brought this up, thanks x
Hey its what HTs all about - trying to help each other and pass on any info we might feel will be of help to others - I learnt loads on here before we went to Egypt for the first time - :tup
Jo x
In Hurghada the purchase of visas is mandatory. On a return plane journey I sat next to a lady who recounted a horrendous tale of her experience at customs. On arrival she had bought her visa, which was stuck in her passport and then gone through passport control. As she came to leave the country, officals noticed her visa had not been stamped - it took her about 2 hours to pass through controls, with aggressive staff reluctant to talk to her but addressing most comments to her boyfriend. She was completely intimidated and feared missing the plane. This experience ruined what had been up until then a lovely holiday, so much so she said she would probably never return. So PLEASE make sure your visa is stamped!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.