Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Why do people fall for this everytime! :que
Indeed Louise,talk about the oldest trick in the book :(
They have been doing that for years and people still fall for it.
It's just a s c a m.
We always walk away from anything like this!!
Never seen any of this in Gran Canaria however good advice - another tip to watch out for as with any holiday is over friendly people wanting to shake your hand and put a snap bracelet on it! Will cost you to get it removed.
Haven't they ever seen the TV programme the Hustle this is probably one of the most common scams - you know what they say if it seems it 's too good to be true then it probably is.
hi GCH....educate me ....how does the bracelet scam work....can you not walk away and get it removed...tweetie
TWEETIE PIE
educate me ....how does the bracelet ???? work....can you not walk away and get it removed.

the coloured ladies come up and say hello (to the women) and try to shake hands, then they try to put the bracelet on (rather quickly) and tell you to pay for it and its lucky,and say don't take it off as its "bad" luck :wave: :wave:

just do what I do and say,bleep bleep bleep OH I cant type that can i ;) ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.