Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Stayed there last year.Surprised you mention All Inclusive as this wasn't an option when we were there,I think Full Board was though.This must be a new thing they are trying as I never seen any wrist bands going about the place either.We were Half Board and although the food was pretty good I got bored with it so we ate out most of the time.Each night the menu was based on a different country e.g
Mexican,Chinese,American,French etc.If they are changing to AI then maybe this will change.
Breakfasts were pretty good,all the usual stuff like loads of cereals,rolls,cakes,eggs,bacon,beans,toast........
Although the hotel looks a bit dated I really enjoyed staying here and would definitely have gone back this year but we are trying Paphos for a change.You can't get any closer to the beach either,you can get a lounger on the grassy area and you are about an inch from the sand!!
The pool is a good size too and is cleaned daily.I would expect AI would be a good idea here as drinks,snacks etc are a bit pricey.However,with so many excellent restaurants on your doorstep I think you'll quickly decide to miss a few evening meals and eat out.Try Andama across the road,probably the best place we went to last year and the head waiter,Michael Barrymore lookalike,makes you feel welcome when ever you go in.

Edited to correct some bad spelling.
Thanks for that. We've actually booked with Hellenic Voyages at got it at the bargain price of £1140 for 11 nights for both of us which is unbelievable. Because we've got it so much cheaper than it would have been half board with another company we're going to eat out quite a lot and use the hotel facilities during the day and we'll still be quids in. I just love going to Greek Restaurants and meeting the locals. Haven't been to Cyprus for about 6 years and looking forward to going back. Hope you enjoy Paphos. :fly
this hotel currently holds a CTO official 4 star rating and is ownd by the aqusol group company web site http://www.aquasolhotels.com

hope this helps

brian
Stayed here 6 years ago on half board basis and it was lovely. We had a great room which overlooked the bay. Food was good, staff lovely though pool staff were a bit off but I'm sure they would have changed them by now. Restaurant staff were fantastic and overall a brilliant holiday. Rooms clean. Pool area clean blah blah blah - great
I am new to this forum,but have read many of your reviews on Hotels in the Protaras area.We are booked in the Hotel Vrissiana on May 24th and was wondering if anyone knows if this hotel has been refurbished during the winter months.
has anyone been or saw if the building work is still going on and if so what
it is like, we are staying at the constantinos on 30 may 07 and they have advised us that there is no heavy machinery it is all internal and will be
finished end jun however there website says there 1st guests will be there by 01jun07
hope anyone can help
Hi Kerry

I was over at the end of last month and the building work was going on. However it wasn't noisy and it seemed that any heavy work had been done and the rest is looking like internal work.

In my opinion it wouldn't be impacting on the Constantinos at all. The area across from the Vrissiana has been fenced off to build on but I can't see this happening for a long time yet. May have all changed now though.

Hope that helps a bit.

Kerry
many thanks kerry i have been before and didnt think it would have an impact and hopefully it is internal like they have said

kerry
I was there last month and the Vrissiana was totally gutted inside. As Kezza said though I didn't hear any noise coming from there though and I do spend quite a lot of time in Bells bar which is right across the road from there. That includes daytime when any work on the hotel would be carried out.
thanks cardiff lad was the weather hot
It was warm but not raosting as it is from June onwards.

It was just a quick trip just for a break.

July next. :lol: :lol:
I was there (Cyprus) last week and Vrissiana still had no windows...off to find a piccy...

Edit:
OK found one. This is of the front, there appears to be windows in at the front, but I am certain that there weren't at the side but didn't get a picture.

Click for larger picture...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e199/Pubdog/july2006/may07/vrissism.jpg

Oh - and its owned by Tsokkos now

Ady
many thanks pub dog i think it will be ok - looking forward to go have been to the constantinos many times before but still get excited evertime i go to cyprus
Vrissiana always had a good reputation.

It was then bought by Aqua Sol a few years ago.

The food was always very good, until last year when they went all-inclusive. The food was then disgusting.

End of last season, Vrissiana was bought by Tosokkas Hotels. Their first act was to fire all the staff, including management and many long-term employees.

The hotel now lies gutted.

It was due to open July, this has been put back to August, but unlikely before end of season.

There is a lot of heavy machinery on site, lots of noise, lots of dust.

see also

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=98939
I was there last year when they sacked all the staff as they were all outside with placards.

Tsokkos brought a load of Eastern European staff in, I believe to save money.

It's a shame it's now got very loud there as it seemed in April when I was there it would just be the internal stuff.
Has anyone been to the Vrissiana since it has been refurbished?

We went in 2004, and are thinking of going again this year. I would love to know if anyone has seen it since it's makeover!!

Thanks

Daisymaybabe 8)
I don't think that it opens until the 1st of July
hi
just come back from the constantinos which is owned by tsokkos who now
owns the vrissiana, it was still being refurbished when i was there and opening in jul but i dont think it will be ready
i am also a travelagent and am looking to go there next year but as yet no tour operator has it on sale it is not in any of there brochures so maybe in there 2nd editions when they come out

kerry
hi folks can anyone give me any info on this hotel as iam going on the 29th of june for 2 weeks. we stayed at the constantinos the great 2 years ago that was a good hotel. i no the vrissiana has been done out has anybody stayed there since it has been refurbished. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.