Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Wasps
5 Posts
Do you have any advice on how to deal with them? I am going to Corfu on Monday and the wasp problem is really making me nervous. I have read it is bad this year.
I was in Zante in August and the wasps were really bad there as well. We found if you didn't panic and jump around they would go away. There isn't much you can do really. Keep food and drinks covered. We use to pop the beer mats on top of our glasses.

Sarah
Hi Lisa, Unfortunately they were attracted to sun cream and baby wipes so we kept everything in plastic bags that were knotted. I got my sis-in-law who joined us later to bring out some Wasp-Away which seemed to work, I think she got it at Gatwick so it should be available from the airport you are travelling from. Have a lovely time.
we found them to be a problem when we where in Kalami in august, all we did was as some of the other posts have said and tried to ignore them and cover up sweet things, when your around your apartment get one of those green coil things that you light and leave to smoke that keeps them away.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.