Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Watches
29 Posts
There are loads of fake watches, but I have never seen the watch that you are looking for.
If your flying with monarch then you'd most probably be stopping in Bharain for an hour. Thats the place to get good quality watches from.
Flying direct with Thomsons, so no stop off.

Anyone know of any shops that will more than likely sell them in the Candolim area?
Salford

You could try Ashokas, next to Magnum hotel in Candolim high street. He does sell "snide" watches. Another place to try is Hari Oms, more in Calungute - any taxi driver will know it. We got an excellent "Rolex" there a few years ago.

There is also a shop in Candolim called Original Fakes - not sure if they sell watches but other members will know.
Hope this helps.

Candybabe
Salford, regarding Ashokas he has plenty of watches to choose from, as does Genuine Fakes. We actually bought 4 watches from Ashoka in Feb this year (2 gents & 2 ladies ) and have no complaints...Keith
Talking of fake watches, I bought last year a fake automatic Rolex watch it was expensive it cost me Rps 650 (ha ha ) but this watch has never let me down, it has kept time all year, and it truly looks like the real thing, I bought it off a stall, in Calangute market, but you have to ask them for Rolex because for some reason they hide them underneath the counter, why I don't know because there is every other fake you can think of on top of the counter.
My wife and I bought "Rado" watches from Genuine fakes in Candolim. They keep perfect time and look as good as new. I even suspect that the case for mine may actually be real, as it is ceramic and cannot be marked even when it is scratched with a knife. They had cheaper fakes but these were a good weight and felt like the real thing.
What sort of price have you all paid for them then?
Mine was roughly 7 pounds, but that is because it is an automatic watch, there are loads of fakes, from as little as 1.50 to 2 pounds. It can be lower depending on your haggling skills.
i've bought at least 18 brietlings. several rolex's. the odd omega. in fact i'm the only person, where i work, that can wear a different watch, every day for a month!!!!
The average price i have paid for these magnificent timepieces is----170 rupees each!!! you must learn the art of bartering of course, to obtain these bargains.
it has to be said though, and it may suprise you, that these watches are not the real thing!!!! yes you have read correctly!!! they are genuine fakes!!
but on a good note, they work well and never let you down until the battery runs out. just replace the battery and away you go again, no problem!!
hope this helps you to decide whether or not you should purchase such a time piece. BOB :smokin :smokin :smokin
Oh, i forgot to mention. my wife on our first trip to goa bought a (so called)diamond encrusted watch, fot the magnificent sum of 120 rupees in Margao. that was 9 years ago, and its still working!! what about that!!
BOB :hyper :hyper
Bob, any tips on this master art of bartering then?

Usually, I'd come up with a daft price and don't go higher and go to walk off. But those watches seem stupidly cheap anyway, so that must be some battering routine you have. Any genuine advice on it would be appreciate please
Actually it derived from my best friend an i having a contest, as to who can get the cheapest watch. it involves the usual thing, they ask for 1000 rupees i say i'll give you 50!!, and we go from there. i walk away when they won't go cheap enough, and they chase me down the road watch or watches in hand, with a better price. i have to say, its better if youv'e chosen several watches, even if you don't want them all , you can easily sell them to your workmates for a fiver!!!!
BOB :pele :pele :gluck
I've got Rolex's, Omega and Breitling and like Bobthebus says, they're about 200 rupees a time. They all keep good time (what else do you want a watch to do?) until the battery dies.

I always ask with a smile on my face, "Are these real Rolex's" and the reply is always, "Indian Rolex's!"

I was in a meeting once and the guy sat next to me had the same Rolex. I nudged him and showed him my watch. He said "50th birthday present from my wife". I just said that I'd treated myself - didn't like to tell him mine cost £2.50!

:roll:
that's cool, but you paid too much!!!
BOB :wlink
"Indian Rolex's!" I like that, superb :)
Cheers as well Bob, I'll try my best to beat your price :D
it definetly pays to have a bit of competition, my mate actually got a rolex for 165 rupees, so i'm behind at the moment, but i'm loking forward to taking his title in 19 days time!!!!
good luck. BOB :glynis :gluck
Hey - I never was good with money. Throwing it around like that!! :oops:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.