General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
If you've missed the first 2 episodes and would like to catch up you can do so here:-

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/broadchurch/series-1/episode-1
Yes I'm watching Broadchurch, I also watched Mayday, but the less said about that the better. Anyway Broadchurch is similar to midsummer murders in that everybody is being serreptitious and bringing suspicion on themselves. Even Detective Sargeant Ellen Miller's son had something to hide, deleting all his texts to the deceased. I suppose the elderly witness who saw the 'postman' could be forgiven if the distance was large, and the only evidence he had that it was a postman was that he had a high visibility jacket on. What we saw was a visual representation of the story he told , so the clarity we got may not have been real.
I'm taking a while to adjust to David Tennent's character, his abrasive contrary style is in stark contrast to Doctor Who and I wish he' d have a shave. It is shaping up to be a drama worth staying with, to me its a bit slow, but given its in 8 parts its probably a slow burner.I just hope that they bother to think of an ending, which is more than the writers of Mayday could be bothered to do. :-P
I've read elsewhere that the cast didn't know the culprit until the final episode!

There are so many red herrings already. Susan with the skateboard in her cupboard. The hut with the father's fingerprints, is he conducting an affair in the hut? Who's the father of the mothers baby (is she having an affair?).

I think I'm going to have to watch the first 2 episodes again to keep track of what's going on :rofl I'm taping the shows as I'd have preferred to watch them back to back (hate having to wait a week) but, although I tried not to watch Monday's episode - I did :(
DON'T SAY ANY MORE ! I've Sky+d the first two episodes!!! :cry
:think I have them recorded but don't need to watch them now :D
Well they aren't spoilers as the programme has started :rofl

There's so much going on those are just tiny snippets. So if you're saving the episodes to watch back to back then don't come in here as this is to discuss the investigation of whodunnit :rofl
There's so much going on those are just tiny snippets. So if you're saving the episodes to watch back to back then don't come in here as this is to discuss the investigation of whodunnit

Right Mrs G get back to bed and get up out the other side :rofl
:rofl Have edited the title so that those who are taping don't tell us off :rofl
I honestly dont think there are any spoilers in here. Theres so much going on and so much still to go on that those tasters will probably help ! Yes you do need to watch it !
Is it just me, I'm finding Broadchurch really hard going, it's so slow and drawn out, having said that I still watch it :)
The cottage on the cliffs must have been put there for the making of this series as on Google earth it doesnt exist. :que
The caravan park is Freshwater Caravan park in West bay.
I love Dorset and have spent a few holidays in Swanage further along the coast. :sun2
Well we've had episode 6 and its still dragging on. At last they are taking an interest in Pauline Quirks cleaning woman character. What kept them?

[spoiler]And who would want to harm a lovely Labrador dog and why don't the Police care? This development is more disturbing to me than all the deaths so far. I think they should send for Ace Ventura and put us all out of our misery.[/spoiler]
I'm puzzled as to why she gave Tom the skateboard :think That put her straight in the firing line. And as you say what's with the dog??

They always say suspect the least suspicious, so I'll go for Ellie or Beth, but who knows as there are so many red herrings.
Yes it is a bit of a drag isn't it Frank, can't beleive I have stuck with it for so many weeks, at least the one on the BBC was over in a few nights. When I make a commitment to view something for 8 weeks I expect better than this. I'm beginning to think that they thought having David Tennant as the star was enough in its own right.

Opps Glynis we posted at the same time :wave:
It would definitely have been better had it been on nightly. Waiting a week for the next episode drags on too long, you loose the flow. I've recorded it as well so I might watch them all back to back when it's finished and see if I should have known 'who did it' :rofl
Its a brilliant programme, full of twists and turns and lots of suspects. Not sure who did it yet but have my suspicions about almost everyone! Loving David Tennant's performance too and Pauline Quirke plays a brilliant baddy as usual.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.