Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
to julmin the best place in estartit to watch football is YCs its a football bar and its easy to find when you get there just ask for directions as its a well known place and you can take kids in aswell hope this helps :D
I can't recall Castell Montgri showing much footy, although maybe the world cup (i assume that is what you are talking about) will be different. Might be best to email castell montgri direct.

As for in Estartit, there are plenty of 'British' pubs (i use the ' ' deliberately) that show football throughout the year!
Thanks CiderMonster & Little Miss.

Yes it is the world cup.
Personally, i don't DO football,but the hubby does and was distraught when i told him the holiday was in June!
At least i can put his mind at rest now you've given me a few names.
I was in estartit during the euro 2004. i found the best place to watch all the games was a bar called Cafe Barracuda, near to nora battys fish and chip shop. it had about 5 tv's, the atmosphere was great. the bar also has a large terrace at the back for the kids to play.
Might be worth asking Castell Montgri if they plan to show any of the games on the big screen....although since showing a footy match in a multi national campsite might be the best way to incite a riot, they may now! :lol:

There are plenty of 'British' pubs that show Premiership or Championship football, but ever since the Flower of Scotland pub closed, i kinda avoid watching footy on hols as there arent too many places i can see them!!!! (....and im also there for a break, dont really care about the footy when im there!)
Agreed. The Cafe Barracuda is an excellent place to watch the footy with plenty of screens for choice. Also the nosebag ain't bag either, and a play area out the back for the kids to have a play which has climbing stuff and a crazy golf course.

The bar is owned by an english couple who are smashing, the only problem with them was that he was a liverpool fan :roll: :roll: , but apart from that its a great little place to eat 'n drink and enjoy the football.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.