Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Hi Mac
Spice Village restaurant in the backs (go off lighthouse beach at side of Cafe del mar) have Prem football on, also Beatles bar on Lighthouse beach but reception isn't very good. Also with 5 1/2 hours time difference only get to see upto 4pm kick offs. Bars shut around 10.45pm local.

Paul
Hi, as Paul said Spice Village show the football. We went there to see all the games. The lads there are all big English football fans and are quite pleased when customers turn up to watch, it means they can too. We didn't find any problems with the timings, we were there for 3 weeks in 2006. A great restaurant as well, they serve very good Mexican food if you get tired of fish.
cheers for the replies, i came back in november but am going again jan 10th ,i found a few bars showing the football also had it on tv in the room [uday samudra]......If anyone is interested the 3RD ROCK retaraunt /bar on samudra beach shows all the footy even the late kick offs and they dont close till the last person leaves, its only a small telly but you can sit in the bar at 3am still drinking .......WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT... :lol: :lol:
You obviously had a great time Mac61. Nice to know there are a few more places to watch football now.
Although I'm a footy fan , in my opinion the 3rd Rock was the best eating place in Kovalam two years ago and would be ruined by showing matches , at least until all the diners have gone anyway.
hi dave.... the 3rd rock is a lovely little restaraunt/bar and we ate there at least once a day in our fortnight and always went back there to drink after eating elsewhere.
I watched loads of matches there and never saw anybody leave because the footy was on , in fact it became busier when it was shown and virtually everybody who came in ordered food , so it was better business for santosh [the owner] and his very hard working staff. Also as you know from visiting there, there are many tables outside and on the sea wall [more new chairs and tables were bought whilst we were there] so anybody who does not want to watch, can eat quite happily outside by candlelight and under the moon and stars,which many chose to do even when the restaraunt was empty.
I have only wrote this , because i dont want people being put off going to this lovely restaraunt by thinking it is some sort of costa brava sports bar , when that is very far from the truth.
As well as 3rd rock, there is also an italian retaraunt opposite the main entrance to uday samudra hotel , that shows the footy on a large screen tv for anyone interested.
cheers mac
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.