Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
:tup Heard of these before. Not sure if they do the same here but some play different types of music so you can tune into your favourite. Imagine all silently dancing away to different tunes/rhythms LOL!
Now that would be fun to watch. Someone waltzing away partnering a head banger :rofl
What noise ban!! Just walk down Candolim main road, Jazz place near top beach road, blasts out music, bendy banana and the one opposite. Police arrive, take they wonka, quiet for 10 mins that music is on again.
The shacks certainly had their parties at Christmas and the New Year.
TWN Cant you find the funny side of anything my god whats up with you man
get a life
Jazz Bar.... dreadful music.... Neil Diamond type singer (bad cabaret!)
the only singer I have heard at the Jazz place at the corner of beach rd is Nelita Pereira accompanied by Dominic on the keyboard.
They certainly don't blast out their music after 11.00 pm as Nelitas husband picks her up at 11.15.
I think that the Jazz Bar is a different place, the one at the top of beach rd is, I think, called Jazz corner.
Not everyones taste in music but beats Karaoke anyday.

there is a short clip of Nellie singing on the video setion
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=131601
Much has been made on this thread about a law that requires amplified music to finish by 11.00pm

Unless I am much mistaken, there is no such thing?

What is state law in Goa is that amplified music must end by 10.00pm. Yes, 10pm!

Of course, 11pm would make a bit more sense in a tourist destination, and of course many if not most places ignore the law or pay bribes to the police.

Yet another idiocy in Goa...............
:que ssaronuk - I can find a lot of things to :rofl :rofl :rofl at in Goa - but I tell it as it is.
and there is music until the early hours on Candolim main road, which echo's to the hotel rooms.
Like it or not there is nothing that you can do about it as the police continue to take bribes.
TWM, I really can't remember being disturbed by music in the early hours.
I have walked back to the hotel many times after midnight and apart from traffic etc things have always been fairly quiet, certainly no amplified music blaring out, this covers the area between Newtons and The Lemon tree/Phoenix park area
Coming from the other end, i.e. Flambe/Kingfisher villa, it is pretty much the same
Maybe different down beach road towards Silver sands/ Inferno but perhaps you know a different part of candolim to me!
I have had no problems at all on this score, honestly :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.