Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
weather at xmas
7 Posts
I was always told that the weather basically stays the same in Kuala Lumpur all year round but having just come back it rained everyday whilst we were there some days it rained for 3 or 4 hours.
Should be pretty good in Penang and Langkawi. KL whenever I've been there seems to cloud up by the afternoon and produce a shower or thunderstorm and boy can it get humid.
:D hiya sunbear and rickt it was more k,l i was asking about the rain i dont want it to rain in penang or langkawi as thats our beach and sea part of the holiday sunbear is that humid in kl? is it hot as well and then the rain makes it fresh for a while? or is it humid all the time? what are the temps? thanks maggieomx
Maggie
My mum and Dad go every year for January/February and say it is glorious sunshine every day :D
Our experiences of KL (Jan,Feb, Mar & June) is that its humid most of the time...the mornings often gloriously sunny...then a thunderstorm in the afternoon as the humidity builds, often clearing up again in the early evening. Temperatures average the low thirties - basically hot all year round.
Have been to KL and Langkawi twice at Xmas, the first trip to KL was sunshine all the way for 5 days with no rain at all and blue skies, last year we were there for 4 days over xmas and it rained most of the time, it was not that humid, we saw some spectacular thunderstorms. Langkawi again is changeable. First time had rain for a couple of days last Xmas it was pretty good although they had had loads of rain just before we arrived on 25th December. The New Year do the first time was completely ruined by the rain so last year they had it inside, not quite the same.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.