Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
My husband and I have our Valetta accommodation booked for Feb half term and it will be our first visit to Malta. I've just started my research and would like to know just what is the weather like in Feb? Not so much the raw temperature guide but 'on the ground' so to speak.
Many thanks.
Cold,wet and windy. However you might be lucky the sun may shine and if you find a sheltered spot the temp may creep up to 65f :really
Hi there, we went last feb and managed shorts and t-shirts most days (even got a slight tan.) The evenings were very cold, jackets needed from about 4pm. We do manage to do a lot more walking this time of the year as it is pleasant to walk and sightsee in
We were there in January this year. We experienced a day of the worst winds and rain that the island had seen for years. However, the next day the sun shone and it stayed that way for the remainder of our holiday. Warm (not hot) but perfect for sightseeing and walking.

The evenings will be cool and the island can be windy.

Suggested clothing would be layers - you can add or subtract as the need arises.

Pippa
Thanks all. That was most helpful.
My parents have been going to Malta, staying in Bugibba for a month every Feb for about the last 8yrs or so.

They've always had pretty decent weather and sit by the pool in shorts most days. As long as you can find somewhere out of the breeze, you are okay until around 2pm but then it starts to cool off.

We live in Limassol, Cyprus and we have gone over for roughly a week for the last 3yrs in Feb to meet up with my parents.

1st time, it was fairly overcast for the first couple of days and we arrived just after it had rained. We left Larnaca airport in 18c and sunny to 13c and miserable. The wind felt cold and we felt the cold a lot at night, but we were prepared as we still experience temperatures of this kind in Cyprus in Feb & March. We did manage a couple of mornings sitting by the pool - but we were the ones in jeans & t shirts although there were a number of people in shorts.

2nd time, the weather was better but still felt cold in the evening. We always find the wind can be quite biting. Temperatures were only a couple of degrees lower than when we left Cyprus this time - and, it didn't rain.

3rd time (Feb 08) we went around 25th this time - we left Cyprus in glorious sunshine and 19c and arrived at 1.30pm Maltese time to the same temperatures. I do take my shorts but never wear them! They are there "just in case". But we did sit by the pool in vest tops during the morning as, similar to winter in Cyprus we find the sun is stronger in the early part of the day. It was still quite windy on a couple of days and one afternoon we got stopped by one of the timeshare touts as we were leaving the bus station (we'd just returned from Mdina) who asked if we were English. When we replied yes, he then went on to ask if we were on holiday... Once we told him we were, but on hols from Cyprus - he had a good laugh saying "ah, that explains why you are wearing winter clothes then - i wasn't sure if you were residents or not"
Almost everyone else was wearing shorts or cut off trousers with vest tops or t shirts and we were in jeans, trainers, and heavy fleeces :D

So, I'm sure if you are taking your holidays from the UK, rather than us who are now used to our warmer climate after nearly 5yrs, you will be pleasantly surprised with the temperatures.

We will be there again this coming Feb but not sure on dates as yet. We don't book our flights through emirates until late Nov'ish. This time we are staying at the Salina Wharf as my parents bought a timeshare there on their last visit. Maybe we will get out to see the Elvis show this time though as it's a bit nearer to us than where we've stayed the last couple of times! :cheers

CwB
Hi all,im wanting a cheap winter 'getaway' in mid feb 09 and have considered a few places but nothing booked yet.

So the obvious question is, what sort of weather/temps can i expect on average that time of year?

Thanks.
Well now ive read the rest of the posts on this topic i guess its helped to answer my question!! :tup
Weather in Malta this March is Changeable

We have had 3 days of sunshine and now it's getting windy last night (4th) it rained like it wasn't going to stop but apart from the breeze it's nice now
What kind of weather can we expect towards the end of May please ?
We have a wedding to attend.

Kath x
http://www.maltaweather.com/climate.shtml

unlikely to get any rain, but could be windy. Sea just about warm enough to swim in
14 days to our first visit. Could anyone please tell me whether its warming up for us? :)
Same for me too, so interedted to know.

Kath
Hi Kath, where are you going in Malta and do you need any help or info ?.

Regards
Sliema2
ok thanks. we will find out when we get there then :que
Hi Sliema2

We are staying not far from Mellieha Bay in a villa. Really looking forward to it as my first visit to Malta.

The wedding will take place at San Pawl Chapel, Tan-Targa, and then we have a reception at Villa Arrigo in Naxaar.

Any suggestions where we can visit, on our in between days ?

Kath x
Weather update for all those interested :)

today it was very hot and sunny with a temperature of 24 Deg C! and looks like it's gonna get hotter in the next couple of days ...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.