Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
I hope it warms up a bit as we are going there again on Tuesday and we cant wait,Will get to see all the family again. :D
Good news. My friends have just returned and although it was mostly cloudy with rain the weather for the last two days was sunny and HOT (not warm). I'm over there next week so I only hope it lasts 8)
At last the weather looks to have turned for the better the sun has come out for the last few days and its getting warmer the poor local most be glad, I heard they were thinking of comming over here for a warm :shock:

Dave
Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in malta at the end of April? Just got a cheap deal, havnt been before, dont even know where we ar staying. is there plenty to do for a married couple, with no kids this holiday. :love
:shrug Hi does anybody know what the weather is going to be like in Malta from 9th November. I know you have a couple of links I can go into, but they are giving different forcasts, from very sunny and warm to thundery showers and lots of rain, so not quite sure what to pack. :roll: thanks imp
Hi Imp,

Weather can be quite unpredictable this time of the year, however still rather warm. Temperatures are in the low twenties during the day and dropping to around 15-16 during the night.

May I suggest shorts and a couple of short sleeve shirts or t-shirts and long trousers for the evening even some shorts too. Get a light fleece for the evenings as they can get quite nippy especially since the dew at night is currently very heavy.

For the most uptodate weather forecast for Malta you can visit either http://www.maltairport.com or http://www.maltaweather.com

hope this helps.
:thanks Thanks Bugibba, I will take your advice. We were in Malta last year about this time and they were having a heat wave or so we were told, but wasnt sure what weather would be like this year. Only a few more days and we will be off. 8) 8)
Imp
can anyone tell me if you can spend sterling in malta or do we have to change it all to lira ??

cheers paul
change it - some places may take £, but not many, and you may get ripped off on the exchange rate - best is to use ATM
thanks

will be at the bank tommorrow
I always tend to use this website for weather forecasts.

http://www.maltaweather.com/index.shtml

They have an excellent 5 day forecast as well as marine conditions. They tell you the UV factor and the Heat Stress factor per day. You can look up archived records of weather conditions for given months and see the average temps over the last few years.

They even offer advice on the best places to swim given the weather conditions.
:D
Also, back to the debate about prices! I find that some things are quite cheap in Malta - bread, milk, eggs, locally grown fruit & veg - the staples basically. However if you want to have anything that is 'imported' or a special treat from the UK then prices skyrocket. If you pop into the M&S or BHS or any of the 'brand' stores in Sliema or Valletta then you will be in for a shock as prices are quite a bit higher than the UK.

I have just been to Tower supermarket in Sliema for a few days shopping and spent 60LM. Included on my list were things like Pringles crisps, Activia and Muller yoghurts, St Ivel cheese and some shampoo. These were among the most expensive items at 2.19Lm for the shampoo and Oral B kids toothbrushes at 1.56 LM. I also bought many locally produced items such as water biscuits, bread, local produce, meat (Italian beef) and fish.

This website is a good guide. If you log in and create an account you can check prices of all grocery and household items. Just don't forget to bring your toothbrushes from home!

http://www.smart.com.mt/

The exchange rate is currently about 1.6 sterling to 1 LM

Hope this helps! :D
off to Malta 22nd May for 10 days does anyone know what the weather will be like. have looked at a few sites some say heavy rain while others say sunshine
:? I thought Malta got very little rain in May, but knowing my luck it will snow :roll:
10 day forecast

http://www.gozo.ws/10_Day_Forecast.php

only gos up to 22nd for now, but keep an eye on it - bear in mind that the most its rained in May for 20 years is 34mm, with an average of just 10mm, so even if it does rain, its not going to amount to much ! Weather last few days has been wonderful.

snow, oooh, I dream of snow :D
hi
:pele thanks for that.
If you realy dream of snow we could always change places come winter. :lol:
next January when its 10C outside, but only 5C inside, I might just be tempted !
we going to malta 4th sept so what will the weather be like.

we got back from dom rep today it rained nearly every day
hey we are here and the weather is awful our bar guy informed us that it hasnt been this bad for over 100 years great huh???? we went on a boat trip and all that was missing was the flipping iceburg to tip the boat over it was horendous, people throwing up all over the place and rain too hey great hols we are having ......
we go to malta in sept for a wedding what will the weather be like

4th sept and wedding on the 6th

pamxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.