Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
It's warmer than that certainly at the beginning of November - I go the first week/into the second week. Usually about 28 degrees in the day. Bit cooler at night of course, but at the start of November I find it lovely and warm and a great time to visit.
Hi, looking for a quick bit of advice, what are the temperatures like in Sharm in November, also when does it get light and when is sundown? Thanks in advance :tup
Hi :wave:

If you click on the weather underground link that is located at the top of every destination forum here on HT you will get specific detailed weather for that location, for sharm http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/62460.html?bannertypeclick=bigwx&MR=0&extendedsun=sunon

The following link will also provide sunrise and set times http://uk.weather.com/climate/sunRiseSunSet-Sharm-el-Sheikh-EGXX0018?month=11

Graham :tup
we are going to Sharm on the 16th December, what kind of weather do folk think we we will get ?
can't wait, don't mind if it colder in the evenings but would like it to be warm during the day ???
The link in my post above also give historical information for any date and will also give both highs and low temperatures so you can see very accurate details for the temperature over a period of time.

I find that some people say the weather was lovely and others will say it was poor, if you have a look at that you can see what the weather was really like.

I would advise that the days will be warmish 20-25(ish) with the evenings cooler requiring a cardigan / jumper, there is a risk of some showers so be prepared for that.
Would it be warm enough to sunbathe ???
Yes it will - it is a short day at that time of year,and the sun goes down early but there is still plenty opportunity to lie in the sun and it is warm.
what will evening temps be end Nov/beg Dec. Should day temps be hot still. Will I need long trousers and sleeves
Of to Sharm in April, has anyone been at this time of year, I know it will be warm during the day but what sort of temp will it be in the evening??, as I am noticing people coming back and commenting on how cool the evenings were, not sure wether to invest in a light weight cover uo :think .

Many thnaks

Vickie
Not sure about actual temperatures, but I would say if you go out to eat in Namma Bay for example, take a light cardi or cover-up, as if you end up sitting outside for 2 hours you might begin to feel a little cool.

Have been 3 times in April and it is variable of an evening, sometimes you won't need anything, others just a light wrap, also the further into April you go the better it gets, but I suppose that's logical really. Loads of the restaurants like Daneer, Hard Rock in NB have plenty of indoor seating but a lot of folk like to sit outside as part of their holiday experience. If you are AI many of the indoor restaurants have air c@n so you could need a cardi for that as well.

Have a great holiday.

Doe :sun2
Thanks Doe will pack a light cardi just incase :tup .
Have just booked to go back to the sunrise mamlouk, hurghada end of September. What will the average temperature be? Went to same place mid March and it was hot during the day but very chilly in the evening, will it be roughly the same? Thanks x
My mate is just back from Sharm last week and he was saying that the temps were hitting between
45-50 degrees everyday ? Is this true ... and is it normal for this time of year ?

were off there in two weeks and while i love the sun im a little worried it may be too hot for my youngsters ??
That sounds about right. It was 35 degrees some days when we were there in April.
Are your serious about those temps? :yikes I am off on the 29/6 and thought it would be late 20's early 30's?
Those temperatures would be about right, winter temperatures are the mid to high 20's, this time of year easily up in to the 40's + :hot
Hi

I am looking to goto the new Coral Sea splash in August next year, I know it will be hot but is it bearable?

I know everywhere is going to be hot but not sure if going here is totally stupid.

any advice welcome
We went in August a couple of years ago, and to be honest, didn't have any major issues with the heat (mid 40s), even on the pyramids trip. That said, we tried to stay indoors from lunch until about 3 o'clock or so, and that seemed to work. When we went to Cairo & the pyramids we went to the pyramids first, so we were in the Museum during the afternoon, so no problem there.
I think it's all down to how you, personally, cope with the heat :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.