Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Weather has been glorious last couple of days pretty much since it rained a fortnight ago. Can be a bit chilly of a night so a light jacket or top can be good, but im soft now!! :oops:
The duaghter spoke to her boyfriend last night and he said it had been 30 degrees in PR yesterday

The main thing is that PR is always warmer than the airport where most weather channels get their info from as PR is in a South facing set of valleys so doesn't cool down as fast
Many thanks for your replies - much appreciated.

Fingers crossed the weather will hold out for the next 2 weeks or at least until I get there!! :sun Can get on with my packing now. :yipee

Cheers

Bex
Still hot and sunny highs of 28 at the beach today, only 25 in my garden :(
Hiya we were in PR beginning of November and also for Christmas. It was HOT in November and the apartments where we stayed then ( Aquasol) remained hot for the duration. So much so that it was uncomfortable to sleep.

When we arrived on Christmas Eve, the difference in temps was noticed straight away. 24th,25th, 26th we were on Anfi beach and I would say that it was around 22-25C max. It clouded over in the PM's and I needed my jacket on as the wind picked up too!

27th-31st were defo warmer but that could be because we were more sheltered on Amadores beach and also found a spot at Anfi ( far end of the beach near the wall) where we were sheltered from the wind. Note-it was wind too, not just a breeze! The beach attendent commented how windy it was!!
You really notice the temp drop as the sun goes down at 6pm ish.

I am a regular to PR and have never seen wind like that! I associate wind to Lanzarote!! Been to Fuertaventura and it was not even windy there even though the name means windy island!!

Still got a great tan though at Christmas. Will have to wait until April now to go back....boo hoo!!!
Just come back from a week in PR yesterday. Had warm sunshine every day, but just lasted varying times. We were at a hotel at the top of the hill (Guanabara Park) and found the sunshine to last longer if we were down on the beach. Was sunny from morning until 3-ish in the afternoon mostly, then tended to get a little cloudy. Got a nice tan still though!
hi, my family and i are all going away to maspalomas (6 adults, 3 children) and we all wanted to know what the weather is like in june :sun2 as none of us have ever been. also are there any markets or things to see around maspalomas, we are staying at the cay beach princess, does anybody know how far the shops/resturants are from here?
thanks very much
chelsea
Hi chelsea and welcome to HT!

I have merged your post with our existing Weather sticky topic at the top of the forum.

You can check the weather for any month by clicking on the link in Page 1.

luci :wave
Booked for Maspalomas for a week in March (from 15th) - never been before but need a bit of sun(what with this weather here!) can anyone tell me what the sea is like at that time as my 4 year old son loves playing on beach/paddling etc - wil it be warm enough? Indeed, wil it be hot enough to sit on beach? I know it wont be too hot - thats what I want as my son is quite fair. Any info greatly appreciated!
hi all.off to maspalomas on monday for a week.anyone out there now or just returned,who could give an idea on waht sort of weather to expect this time of year?hopefully better than here!!!
My Daughter and her family went yesterday and looking on the forecast it's not looking to good. :(

Looks like a lot of cloud and Rain. :yikes
Anyone out there that can tell us if thats true.
We arrived 4th Feb and the weather has been great but today it is chucking it down with rain. We are staying in Puerto Rico......
She phoned last night and said they had had thunder and lightening and heavy rain .
Not what you want when on hoilday with kids.
I hope the weather picks up for them and everyone else .
Good evening, we have booked a cruise for Christmas '08 and were wondering if anyone can tell us what the weather may be like. We will be cruising to most of the Canary Islands. Thanks :wave:
Hi. We were in Gran Canaria last Christmas. It was about 26c most days.
Hi PollyGolly, as the cruise ships mainly dock on the northen parts of the islands Las Palmas for Gran Canaria and Puerto Dela Cruz for tenerife bear in mind that the weather maybe a bit chilly, the weather in the resorts can be up to 15+ degrees warmer than up on the north side, it should still be warm and sunny but best to be prepared!
Thank you for your replies, I will take a woolly jumper just in case :D
Just for anyone coming out this weekend it is HOT HOT HOT.....calima is here which brings the heat and the dust from Africa over so it is about a million degrees (well 35+) :yikes and all dusty. Still the sun's out and the beer is still cheap and cold!! :sun2 :cheers
http://www.newscanarias.net/1000003/1000126/0/18643/article_ic.html

Yep very hot according to the Canary Forum members. 41C it was at 10AM!!! Hope it cools down for teatime tommorow when we arrive!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.