General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
none here (yet) sunny but cold
Margaret
A bit snowy here, just a couple of inches or so then 2 miles away no snow at all, we were lucky yesterday we had a gritter come up our street, perhaps the next time they come up they might do it before the machine is empty, not one bit of salt / grit came out it :duh

Last night was a bit chilly, it was reading -6 on the car when I came home at 23:30 and the roads were horrendous, :think probably due to lack of salt in the gritting lorry.

Just ran out to the car and it is now a comparatively warm +1 degree :sun2
Cold and sunny with just a light dusting of snow here in Angus but I'm right on the coast and it's probably snowier inland.

SM
Very cold just south of Glasgow but very bright and clear.
when i opend the door this morning [4-30 am] i was hit in the face by a snowflake the size of a half crown, it continued till about 8am total about 35mm although the sun has been out for several hours there is still a bit around, Roll on a proper fall
Had heavy snow at 6.30 this morning down here in Essex, but it cleared by 9.30. Went out earlier to get some food shopping in from the supermarket and it actually felt a bit milder than previous days.
A light dusting of snow has laid although plenty fell but the ground was wet. This has resulted in a more gritty ice type covering on the paths.
Let the annual fun and games in the the snow begin! There's plenty around on high ground in the north west but nothing too major at the moment.

Darren
We had a few big flakes early yesterday morning but it didnt last long and turned to sleaty/rain before it started to settle. Although I think even a couple of miles away they got a bit more than we did here . As usual the roads and train journeys into work turned into the chaos.
I think I am twoish miles from you and we had a bit of a covering yesterday morning Lyn, there is still a very thin layer in parts of the forest., which quite frankly is where I like it. The forest looking like Narnia and the roads clear to get to work. Don't want much do I :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.