Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
yeah sure ill just pay it with loose change....i wish.... good idea though, being able to see your best destination at the click of a button any time of the day.
I look out of my window and it's all spread out in front of me lovely but to be honest it is far too warm here this time of the year..I think a trip to a cooler climate is on the cards..:oops:
im off to cyprus end of july for two weeks, take it, thats going to be unbearably hot.
Its at that now!! unbearable..for me anyhow.
Shame about the webcam, I really enjoyed looking at it during the time it was available, it always brought back happy memories of our time on the island, I actually saw it raining one day, only the once though....... but it was january!!

Hey Jim.... maybe you wouldn't mind nipping down to the front and posting us a daily picture using youre digital camera..............only kidding :lol:

I know its hot in Cyprus Jim, but its very hot here, Im stuck in my office in Liverpool and its 86 degrees and we've no air conditioning........

Over there next week, at last, and maybe visit zorros and buy you a drink :glynis at least I now know what you look like.......
Ok then I have another idea !!!

How about "Jims Pic of the Day" that way you only have to send one picture per day... and people could even phone, text, fax, email, write a letter? to ask for pictures of certain things..

now thats gotta be worth a think about....
Been known to frequent Zorro's on the odd Friday night..love to take you a picture every day but I live a little way out of town, could take one of the mountains near by, but it would be the same picture and the same weather for months, to be honest the watch shop web cam was not a heat of excitement, we used it as a meeting place to meet up with members from various web sites, that was it's real benefit, also we used to arrange times to be in front of it so other members could see how ugly you look, good fun while it lasted..

bye.. :D
Jim for us poor unfortunates who have to get up in the dark, go to work in the rain, be whipped by our bosses for 10 hours a day, come home in the snow in the dark, sit watching the mould appear....

anything in Cyprus is worth a see..

your local shop, the lastest car on the street, the sun streaming down over the mountains, a sunset picking out the skyline over the houses, any number of local flowers, insects, birds and wildlife, you just looking smug knowing we are getting wet..lol, you could take a hundred pictures a day an not leave us bored....

!
Steve looking smug...with beads of sweat running down my bald head!, I had all of that, and here we go....clock in at 5am after trying to start the car and unfreezing the door locks, putting on my heat resistant overalls and helmet at the foundry, wishing my fellow furnace loaders a decent days sleep, lifting seven ton's a shift seven days, nights,and afternoon shifts lifting very heavy cast metal. then unloading it every ten minutes, at 950deg, did this for 34 years, then deciding to leave with just a hole in my pocket (no redundancy pay) and a dream I really could not afford to do at 54 years of age, but four years later I am still here in lovely Cyprus, not very well off may I add, but would I go back, not unless you unleashed those wild horses...

Enjoy your day where ever you are..and don't think you cant do the same as me, you can!!
but Jim how can I stop going to the foundry?.. I don't work there.. you see.. its all hinged on that .... LOL

glad you made it...
Just a very bad memory now! miss that wage though!!
Live web cam anywhere in Cyprus so you can see the weather 1st hand???
This is the only one i've found from the Sunrise Beach hotel in Protaras.

http://www.sunrise.com.cy/english/live.html
I can tell you at the moment Pafos airport has been closed this morning because we had a Coptic storm yesterday and this brought in Sahara dust and this side of Cyprus is shrouded in what looks like a London pea super, and it is covering the cars in dust and fowling swimming pools, nasty stuff, we get this many times a year here...horrible, and it taste foul too.. :(

As far as I am aware there are no web cams in Pafos, the one we did have was switched off a couple of years ago unfortunately

Jim..
Do you want warm or cold?

Warm as posted above, cold here

Mark

Whoops, didn't notice the second link, which includes the Troodos webcam.
The Nicosia webcam, although it says updated every 45 seconds, has not been updated for 4 years. :roll:
:D Many thanks for the links. Just what i was after x
http://www.sunrise.com.cy/home/live.html

Looks liek they are really getting ready for the season. Yes - I am addicted to keep checking this cam as well!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.