Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Onree how did she manage to speak to the flight attendant before checking in her dress at the airport.
im flying with thomson fly and i gave the dimensions to my wedding shop and they said dont ask them how but they will be able to fit my dress in a box that size!!! i have also got a pretty big skirt! and its not just that, im worried how i will pack it for the way back as i have my england reception a week later! is anybody else doing this? im finding the england reception harder to organise than the whole actual wedding!

i am going to a wedding in cyprus in 4 and a half weeks, my partner is best man so im sure i will be feeling very jelous that its not mine yet!i only booked mine April 2007 and it feels like its been forever.
but at least i get to organise all the last little details in person with my planner!
Hi ellsbells

I'm for 19th June and can't wait!

She brought it on as hand luggage in the bag that goes on over the hanger - but removed the hanger. she was planning to lie it down flat and put other luggage in front so that it was just our party that used that one overhead locker but by chance the flight attendant was very helpful and took it from her - i suppose it's worth a try!
Have to give it some thought but thanks for the information Onree. Hope all goes well on your big day .
:hols :hols :hols
Hi
my friend wants to get married in ayia napa next september, and she has asked me to do some research,

so i'm asking

basically she wants to get married at the townhall in ayia napa

do you have to go through a company like thomsons or can you do it yourself

as after the wedding we was all just thinking of booking a nice restaurant for a meal.

she is a quiet girl, so she doesn't want any fuss etc, just get married, then for everyone who is there to go for a meal.

They are looking at staying at the Faros hotel, we would all book our accommodation seperate, as we like the anthea apts.

thanks
hi wicked chris

i'm getting married in limassol in june and have organised a lot of the extra's myself.

If it's ayia napa she want's to get married in contact Jackie @ Elite Weddings, she organised a few bits for me and usually only organises Paphos, Ayia Napa and Protaras. She's very friendly and very quick with her responses to emails.

;)
Hi Guys n Gals

not much more to organise now, the majority of it's all done just a few basics if you could help me with them:-

1 Need a Baker in Limassol to prepare my cake, any suggestions??
2 Need a photographer for the big day who can also prepare a dvd??
3 can anyone recommend a florist?

these are obviously minor details that can be organised upon arrival, but you know how we brides tend to get with regard to organisation!!

:tup
Hi all, my daughter is just planning their wedding in Protarus next Sept 09.
They are thinking of staying at the Polycarpia Hotel, has anyone had a wedding there, and any reviews of the hotel, would be a great help to them.

Thanks to you all in advance.

:thanks :thanks :thanks
Check the wedding thread at the top of the Cyprus forum and reviews can be found at the top of the page too for the hotel :tup
merged into wedding thread .. wizard
Hi Onree. some answers to your questions.
Photographer Photo Costas Digital Centre. Phone No. 25578063. Bakery Sigma 25327733 and Florist Joannas Gardens Mobile no; 99576846. Hope this helps. :sun2
Thanks Alterego

Did you use these people yourself?
Are they based in Limassol?

Thanks
Hi Onree, Chris a friend of mine is the wedding hairdresser for the tour companies here and these are some of the companies they use.They are all based in Limassol.
hi dont know if anyone can help me! I had my wedding completly sorted but my wedding planner has now told me that our reception venue's renevations are taking longer than expected so they are moving all weddings to other locations and at the moment i dont like any of them!!! arghhh!!!

we were originaly booked into the sunset beach restaurant, we want to stay with that theme. we dont want to be actualy on the beach but would like a restaurant that over looks it!

at the moment we are hoping for the arrangements to stay with our wedding planner but are also looking at the possibility of looking for ourselves, we get married in september. we have looked into the Vardas Beach restaurant but cant seem to find any photos. does anyone know anything about this restaurant??? x
Hi alterego

Can you ask Chris for an idea of the prices for a hairdresser out there for 2 up styles? I got a quote but I think it may be too expensive

Hi Onree,
Chris price for a brides hair up is 65 euros and bridemaids 40 euros.
DD getting married on the 23rd june going for 2 weeks staying in the olimpic lagoon hotel any comments on the hotel we need are nails and hair doing Any good restraunts near
thankyou
kay
Hi kay if you go out the back of the hotel and turn right there are some nice restaurants down the road. The Garden of Eden is a lovely restaurant. We went to the olypmic lagoon last year for our 15th wedding anniversary and returning this year on the 25th june with the children. You will love it there. Happy holidays :cheers
You will be their the sme time more or less
kay
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.