Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
hi the most popular place to get married appears to be Rhodes,we have a long thread on weddings there, and if you use the search facility there are a few odd threds in the other Greek forums. although not Greece another popular place for weddings is Cyprus the forum for that country also has a wedding thread

wizard
Hi,
has your daughter considered Santorini? Although somewhat pricier than some of the other islands, it is absolutely breathtaking. We saw a wedding outside one of the clifftop hotels in Thira. The scenery was breathtaking, with the sun setting behind the bride and groom over the deep blue sea.

Another scenic resort in Santorini is Oia, which is also a popular spot for weddings. I would say that Santorini would be one of the most expensive islands to arrange a Greek wedding but what a place to enjoy the Big Day.
We are regular visitors to Kefalonia and have witnessed many wedding English, English/GReek Scottish?Greek, they are beautiful, as when we visit Kefalonia we always stay in Lixouri there is a wonderful restaurant/part holtel called the Apalafsi the only problem is they are not in any English brouchure and you have to do independantly, The wedding dresses in Greece are out of this world, and if I was marrying out thier think I would buy my dress but as next year I celebrate my 50th anniversary don't think it's likely to happen, another palce to concider is Cuprus, Hope your day turns out very special and your future.
pojo
Hi Dermott

As you've posted in the Corfu forum, I presume that's where your daughter wants to get married???

I've heard that Libra Holidays are planning to start a wedding programme on Corfu this year. There's nothing on their website yet about Corfu weddings, but you could try contacting them direct.

Elaine
hi my sister is about to get married in corfu sept 2007 she lives and has worked there for many years and is having a mixture or scottish and a greek wedding (we are scottish) .if we can help with any info just ask :D
We were on holiday in Arillas last year and whilst we were on the beach saw a wedding party getting ready to leave for the church.

if you go onto http://www.arillas.com there are some reviews there of those who have got married at Afionas, a little village on the hill with wonderful views and had their wedding reception at Brouklis a very popular family restaurant in Arillas.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.