America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
It's doable and I know people who have gone for a long weekend before and loved it.

If you fly the Thursday you will no doubt be feeling fairly tired on arrival in Vegas but it will only be early afternoon (I take it you are thinking of direct on Virgin?). The key really would then be to stay awake as long as possible which isn't hard in Vegas until your body gives in, which should be around early/mid evening onwards.

If you manage that, you should be awake nice and early on the Friday morning to begin your two full days of sightseeing. Obviously your going to be limited to the Strip in terms of what you can fit in (no Grand Canyon for you this time) but it is amazing what you can achieve in 3 nights in Vegas, plus of course you would get a fair chunk of Sunday daytime as well if you store you bags or try and extend check out.

Although I have just returned from a trip to Vegas and have vowed not to return anytime soon, to me, 3 nights in Vegas is still better than none and I think it would be quite an experience and a memorable 30th birthday surprise!

I say go for it. :cheers
I agree, 3 nights in Vegas is better than none at all. However it is a long way to go for such as short trip, only 2 full days.

Also be aware that hotel rates Fri & Sat, and even Thursday I have noticed, are more than double the Sun-Thurs rate if you are booking direct with the hotel. That is usually the cheapest way to book, but for a short break over a weekend I would compare prices with Expedia and United Vacations.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.