Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I know what you mean re the Taj- we stood for 2 hours just spellbound before we even moved to go walk up to it.
I know your photos are always good but I can't get the slide show to work for some reason. Will try again later.
Lovely report.
Thankyou argo for the great report and the fantastic photo's. Gel
Super report and photo,s ,so pleased you found Culture tours good we thought they
were excellent. :)
annx
annx - if I remember correctly then you are one I must thank for the Culture Holiday's contact. Your experience was the reason why I contacted them. Thank you! :)
A joy to read, the photo's are so beautiful, and really capture the magic of India, your love of the land and it's people is very apparent.
Thanks for sharing x lassi
meant to say that we have looked at Culture holidays in the past and had got good quotes from them so its good to hear a positive report about them
they ARE good Fiona. I forgot to mention about the communication ... in some cases I did get the reply to my mail in hours, in one case the question was asked on Saturday and the answer came in the same day!
Argo thank you for sharing your wonderful photos with us all, they really are amazing. Im also interested in your good words about Culture Tours as we are going to Delhi and Agra in November. Also thank you for showing photos of your hotel rooms, could you tell me which hotels you stayed in please. Once again thanks for sharing :wave:
hello jettii
in Delhi - De Gold
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mustlane/3350324748/in/set-72157615181724546/
located in the middle of the Bazaar area, which we liked. Service was good. Rooms were nice & clean. Maybe because of the location the clientele was rather specific and in some cases the parties went till early hours. In one night someone vomited under our window till three a clock AM. :rofl From where he took all that material to throw out??? :tongue But.... we came to see the Delhi and because of the location we saw the pure natural city with all its ups and downs.
in Jaipur - Hotel Maurya Palace
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mustlane/3350682008/in/set-72157615181724546/
Nice hotel and friendly service. Clean. Peaceful. Overall rating OK
in Trivandrum - Sagara Beach Resort
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mustlane/3351973750/in/set-72157615181724546/
Very friendly staff, exeptional service, view to lighthouse and part of the sea from balcony. Nice narrow road directly to Kovalam Beach 3-5 min walking. Very satisfied.
Kumarakom - Waterscapes Hotel
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mustlane/3352365390/in/set-72157615181724546/ please look at three next pictures.
Place to see at its own. Nice eco-village, very peaceful. very beautiful surroundings, clean pool. Food delishious. Service not more than OK.
in Kochi - Hotel Abad Atrium
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mustlane/3352474520/in/set-72157615181724546/ please look 4 next pictures
I did not check but it looked like 5* hotel. Service very good, very clean and beautiful, pool possibility in neighbouring hotel block, delishious food.
I hope this helps
Thanks Argo, very good information and descriptions, maybe a little too much as regards Delhi :rofl :yikes but very interesting. Cant wait for November when we will be going on our adventure, feel free to give me any tips :D
Thanks again for sharing
Great trip report and amazing photos! Thanks for sharing :tup
Hello elephant, yes it was me who recommended Culture Tours,never had to wait for them they
were in fact always early and great guides.loved your photo,s on the back waters in Kerala
brings back happy memories.just relaxing on the rice boat and being treated like royalty. :)
annx
I know exactly what you mean with the Taj - I cried too and even my hard husband admitted the hairs on the back of his neck stood up when we first saw it.
Truly a magical sight
Hiya Elephant What wonderful photo's ive not been to agood many of the places you've shown but on seeing your pic's i feel like i've been there now..Sorry if you've already said but how long did it take you to do all those wonderful trips in all.
On most of the pic's it looked like you 2 were the only ones there thats what i like.peace and tranquillity...Keep up the good work....
hello sleep_r_us
following is our itinerary propoised by Culture Holidays, maybe it helps somebody to plan a trip.
Golden Triangle + Kerala BackWater Tour

09th Feb. 2009 / Mon / Arrival Delhi
Arrive Delhi, meet assist at the airport & transfer to hotel late at night. After breakfast proceed for sightseeing tour of New Delhi where ornate buildings recall the days when India was the Jewel in the crown of the British empire. Visit the 11th century Qutab Minar ,India Gate and the grand government buildings, the President's House, Mahatama Gandhi Memorial. Also visit Laxmi Narayan temple popularly known as Birla Temple.Night stay in Delhi.

OVERNIGHT STAY IN HOTEL ASHOKA /TEL:+91-11-28727023

10th Feb. 2009 / Tue / Delhi - Agra (By Shatabdi Exp Train No.2002 Dep 06:15 Hrs Arr 08:15 Hrs)Agra - Jaipur (By Raod Approx 5 Hrs) enroute visiting Fatehpur Sikri
Early morning pick up from hotel & transfer to railway station to board the superfast air-conditioned train to Agra. Breakfast in the train, Arrive Agra in approx. 02 hours & visit the magnificent Taj Mahal - one of the seven wonders of the world surely the most extravagant expression of love ever created. 20,000 men laboured for over 17 years to build this memorial to Shah Jahan's beloved wife Also visit the Agra fort - the rusty and majestic red-sandstone fort of Agra stands on the banks of the river Yamuna and the construction was started by Emperor Akbar in 1566. At the Diwan-I-Am (hall of public audience), a colonnaded hall of red-sandstone with a throne alcove of inlaid marble at the back, the Emperor heard public petitions. At the Diwan-I-Khas (hall of private audience) where marble pavilions with floral inlays lend an ethereal ambience, the Emperor sat on his gem-studded Peacock Throne and met foreign ambassadors and rulers of friendly kingdoms & enjoy a lavish buffet lunch in a 5* hotel in Agra. After lunch drive to Jaipur enroute visiting Fatehpur Sikri-a perfectly preserved red sandstone "ghost town" which was the estranged capital of mughal emperor Akbar, built in 1569 and deserted when its water supply failed. Arrive Jaipur & take you to Chokidhani village resort for dinner with cultural programme. Later transfer to Hotel. Night stay in Jaipur.

OVERNIGHT STAY IN HOTEL MAURYA PALACE /TEL:+91-141- 5101414

11th Feb. 2009 / Wed / Jaipur- Delhi (By Shatabdi Exp Train No 2016 Dep 17:45 Hrs Arr 22:30 Hrs )
After a leisurely breakfast , visit the majestic Amber Fort, is one that cannot be easily described. Ride up on Elephants to the former capital of the royals set against the backdrop of the wooded hills.Later visit the City Palace, Palace of Winds also known as Hawa Mahal, this elaborate building, now little more than a façade, is encrusted with delicate screens and carved balconies from which the royal ladies, confined to their quarters, could sneak views of the outside world. Past, present and future merge at Jai Singh's observatory, where time has been accurately measured since the 17th century. Evening transfer to railway station to board the air conditioned train to Delhi, Dinner in the train , Arrive Delhi & transfer to hotel .Night stay in Delhi.

12th Feb. 2009 / Thu / Delhi
After a leisurely breakfast proceed for Akshrdham temple :
The Akshardham Temple monument, built without steel, is entirely composed of sandstone and marble. It consists of 234 ornately carved pillars, 9 ornate domes, 20 quadrangled shikhars, a spectacular Gajendra Pith (plinth of stone elephants) and 20,000 murtis and statues of India's great sadhus, devotees, acharyas and divine personalities.
The monument is a fusion of several architectural styles of pink stone and pure white marble. Pink stone symbolizes bhakti (devotion) in eternal bloom and white marble of absolute purity and eternal peace. The monument was built after over 300 million man hours of services rendered by 11,000 volunteers, sadhus and artisans.
It is the one of the wonders of the modern world, and the wonders of modern India. After 5 years of non-stop, round-the-clock construction, the massive and awesome Akshardham Temple Monument to World Peace was inaugurated.
The Akshardham Temple in New Delhi, India, constructed by the BAPS foundation -- the builders of the various Swaminaryan Temples across the world, is truly a modern day Wonder of the World.
It is one of the biggest and most intricate religious places of worship ever constructed. Combining several completely different and contrasting architectural styles of Hindu temple architecture of northern India -- Rajasthani, Orrisan, Gujarati, Mughal and Jain -- the Akshardham Monument is entirely constructed of marble and the red-sandstone that Delhi is famous for, and that so many of her monuments are constructed of. Night stay in Delhi.

13th Feb. 2009 / Fri / Delhi - Trivandrum ( By IC 167 Dep 09:00 Hrs Arr 13:50 Hrs )
Morning after breakfast transfer to airport to board the flight to Trivandrum. On arrival in Trivandrum meet assist at airport and transfer to hotel. Afternoon sightseeing of Trivandrum including excursion to Kanyakumari and also:
1. Padmanabha Swami Temple, the only one in Kerala where foreign nationals are allowed near the Sanctum Sanctorum. Known for its mural paintings and stone carvings, the temple is a blend of Kerala and Dravidian styles of architecture.
2. Kuthiramalika, a palace of the erstwhile Composer King of Travancore, displays a rare specimen of workmanship in the traditional Travancore style of architecture with exquisite woodcarvings (closed on all Mondays).
3. The Napier Museum, houses a rare collection of archaeological and historic artifacts,bronze idols, ancient ornaments, a temple chariot and ivory carvings (closed on all Sundays & Wednesdays).
4. Shree Chitra Art Gallery, displays select paintings by Raja Ravi Varma, Svetlava & Nicholas Roerich, including some exquisiteworks from the Rajput, Mughal and Tanjore schools of art in India. The collection includes paintings from China, Japan, Tibet and Bali (closed on all Mondays & Wednesdays). The evening is free to relax on the Beach. Night stay in Trivandrum.

OVERNIGHT STAY IN SAGARA BEACH RESORT /TEL:+91- 471-2481995

14th Feb. 2009 / Sat / Trivandrum - Alleppey
After breakfast leave to Alleppey by surface 165 kms. On Arrival transfer to Kettuvallam (House Boat). Cruise start after Lunch on board and night stay at house boat.

OVERNIGHT STAY IN HOUSEBOAT AQUA HOLIDAYS

15th Feb. 2009 / Sun / Alleppey - Kumarakom
After breakfast move out from house boat at Kumarakom and transfer to the backwater resort. Rest of the day free at leisure. Night stay in Kumarakom.

OVERNIGHT STAY IN WATERSCAPES /TEL:+91-481-2525861
16th Feb. 2009 / Mon / Kumarakom - Cochin
After breakfast drive to cochin 75 kms. On arrival transfer to hotel . Afternoon proceed for sightseeing tour of cochin including .
1. The Hill Palace Museum, a fully-fledged archeological museum and Kerala's first ever Heritage Museum are the main attractions (closed on Mondays).
2. Chinese Fishing Nets, this unique style of huge cantilevered fishing nets were erected between 1350 and 1450 AD by traders from the Court of Kubla Khan, a Chinese King.
3. Santa Cruz Basilica, this historic church was built by the Portuguese and elevated to a Cathedral by Pope Paul IV in 1558. Pope John Paul II proclaimed the Church a Basilica in 1984.
4. The Jewish Synagogue, constructed in 1568, this is the oldest Synagogue in the Commonwealth (closed on Saturdays & Jewish Holidays).The area around the
Synagogue, called Jew Town, is the centre for Spice & Handicraft shops.
5. Mattanchery Palace (Dutch Palace), built by the Portuguese in 1557 and presented to the Regent of Kochi (closed on Fridays). Return to hotel rest of the day free/ shopping at Ernakulam. Night stay in Cochin.

OVERNIGHT STAY IN ABAD ATRIUM /TEL:+91- 484 2381122

17th Feb. 2009 / Tue / Cochin - Goa ( By IT 2882 Dep 11:10 Hrs Arr 15:05 Hrs ) - Departure
After breakfast, departure transfer to airport to board the onward flight to Goa.
With all the best, dreaming about the next trip (maybe sooner than I think - my plans will remain a secret even for me till the right time :rofl )
the photos of the holiday:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mustlane/sets/72157615181724546/

and sry, i forgot to add the contact , if previous post was interesting:

CULTURE HOLIDAYS INDIA PVT LTD.
Tel : + 91 11 4154 5154 / 41546821 / 822 / 823 / 745 Fax : + 91 11 41546820
(24x7): +91 9873 555 111, 9873 444 222
Email : info@cultureholidays.com info@atrip2india.com
Visit us at : http://www.atrip2india.com http://www.cultureholidays.com
elephant :D
Great reading Elephant and love the piccies :)
Brill photos elephant thanks for letting us see them ........colleen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.