General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
What a great idea!
363 Posts
hi, do any of you have a problem with the height of the shower head in hotels?? all the hotels i've been too the shower head bracket is always placed to high up an me being a short *** can't always reach up to get it down to rinse off. Well i've found a really useful gadget from the little kleeneze catalogues that we get put through our letter box, it's a plastic removable shower head bracket, holds on by suction by twisting the thing round until its held fast. it really really works, i've taken it with me on a couple of hols,i just position it to the right height on the bath/shower room wall, put the shower head in it and it stays there till i go back home. to take it off you simply reverse the twisting. it's great to use if you have to shower kids off. i bought a couple of them as they were only £1.99 each. i know i'm bound to leave one behind one day. i.ve enjoyed reading all your other tips, definately be getting some tea tree oil!!
cheers - dotty
here is the Wizards tip for this year previously posted in the flights forum

carry a cheap spring balance although not completely accurate i find if i weigh 1kg light it normally hits the airport scales dead on i could have paid 3 x the price for a Salter or Avery but didn't feel it necessary

wizard
Carmel

Like your style :lol:

kazee
John you are so right it saves on the female stress getting back into the swing of things it at least gives me a couple more days without any moaning for the cost of a couple of pints
good value hey
Hi snow-white, there's a good thread going at the moment which would be a good place to put your tip :D

This thread here :
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=66684

Shell :D
I'll merge the 2. When snow white acknowledges she has read this post.
get some skin so soft body moisteriser from avon i swear by it for keeping mossies away when i forget to put it on i get bit but when i have it on i dont ive noticed this over the past 6yrs and ive also heard of other people mention about it hope it works 4 you
:D All theses idea's are brilliant ive got idea's now that ive never thought of before.

Im taking my 2yr old twin grand daughter to Marmaris in July and this post has helped me loads

Thanks Marion

Hop you all have brilliant holidays :D
:D Forgot to add my little tip :pele

We always go A/I so what we have done for years now
is take big tall plastic drinking cups for the kids

The ones you get with lids on straws go inside them

We got ours when we go to Theme Parks Alton Towers etc

When we are they if we go out for a walk or to the beach we fill them up in hotel with coke etc and they last the kids quite a while

Ive just actually bought another 2 from our local pound shop not as big as you get in theme parks

But they will do this year for my grand daughters

Take Care Marion x

P.S forgot to add

We also take tins of pek chopped pork and a roll off tin foil.

And on the morning of your return journey home

I always go to supermarket buy some bread and make sandwichs up for the airport

As you all know prices in dalaman are over priced especially when you have 4/5 kids all wanting burger king etc.

Ps also a tin opener for your pex chop pork :D
I wonder if there's a laundry near to the pegasus palace? I somehow doubt it! :roll:
Heres a good tip for when you are leaving home or arriving at your destination in the rain.Before you pack your case line it with a bin liner then if your case is the one on top of the rest standing in the pouring rain waiting to be loaded onto the conveyor belt at least your clothes will be dry when they get to your destination.
Just thought of another tip.

Last year the apartments we stayed in had the most uncomfortable sun beds you have ever had the misfortune to lie on. We took extra towels down with us to try and pad them out a bit but they still gave us bad backs.

Not getting caught out again, I have bought a couple of cheap yoga mats at Tesco. They will pack flat at the bottom of our cases and hopefully will make the sunbeds really comfy. They are waterproof they will have loads of uses, we can put them in the hire car and use them for picnics etc. They can also double up as beach mats - better than those wicker ones you buy there.

With all the tips mentioned on here I am not going to have any room in my case for clothes. :lol:

Carmel :wave
Here's a great tip, save the lids off your sardine tins as they make great quiffs for baby robots :lol: .
I like the yoga mats idea, they're really lightweight too, so weight allowance isn't a problem. Last year I took a huge inflatable li-lo, with arms and a backrest and everything, it was really comfortable and was handy if I woke up late and there were no sunbeds left :roll: but it was heavy in the suitcase. I was thinking of buying some cheap small li-lo's in resort this year and then passing them on to new arrivals before we leave, but I might just go and have a look at those yoga mats in Tesco instead 8)
We normally go to Poundland or B&Ms for the lilos before we go, they're light and (obviously) cheep.

When we're going home, we look for families with children, or young couples, and give them our lilos...

We got something similar, with the armrests, it turned into an upright chair as well. About £10 in Makro! It was big and awkward though.
I was in Asda yesterday and they are selling lilos for 97p they seemed quite light. Only problem is blowing them up when you get there. :lol:

Carmel :wave
ah well, now that leads to another tip! I have a small footpump that I keep in my suitcase all year round! lol I think I bought it in spain though. Great for the kids toys and lilos that I keep in the zip in the outside of the suitcase, that way if we are over limit then I can unzip and take them out easily and put them in hand luggage.

C x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.