General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I would check their T&C's.

Usually the price quoted on the confirmation invoice is the price that has been agreed and can not be changed unless government imposed changes, such as an increase of VAT, departure tax etc. forces the TO to increase their prices.

Mark :D
Usually any holiday is quoted subject to availability (with the clause that prices can go up and down). So when you come to book, when the tour operator/travel agent will book online or on viewdata - the correct price will appear. Unless they decide that they gave you a fixed quote, I'm afraid they might not be able to honour it - especially if they make a loss on the booking. I was looking at flights for a client yesterday on viewdata and came out of it to check another date - when I went back to the original flight - a few minutes later, the price had gone up by £30 pp!! :x
I've had the quotes in writing via e-mail, so assuming I get it booked and then also receive a confirmation in the post, what do you think could happen then?

Thanks!
Its at the time of booking that the final confirmed price is advised - so when you phone or email them, they will confirm the price back to you which you then accept or not. I think I'm right in saying that no contract exists until you hand over some payment. The quote should say "subject to availability at the time of booking" - not sure how you stand if it doesn't say that.
I'd double check that they have got Everybody who's going on the holiday on the quote!
You may finhd they've managed to get a free child somewhere and thats why the diff in price!
Just be careful. The same happenned to us for a ski holiday with a well known company.
We were due to travel one Christmas, right over the Christmas period.
We booked this holiday 11 months in advance too. The price was definatly too good to be true as ski holidays are not always cheap.
We paid for the holiday in full nearer the time obviously. After a week of paying the travel agent called to say that there were problems. The first was we would have to travel 3 hrs further to another airport as the flight was now taken away from our local airport, and then we were told the actual hotel was closed for Christams.
The brochure was advertising this heavily for Christmas and New Year.
I then emailed the hotel and was sent a reply saying- "No we never close for Christmas and New Year"
Obviously they had messed up on the price, and this was there way out of it!
They even had the cheek to say "Will you ski next year?" As soon as we replied we would think about it, they then said they would transfer the money and hang on to it until then!
No way were we letting them do this- Cheek :evil:
So what seemed a good price, perhaps an error on their part, gave us just misery and a Chriatmas without skiing as all was booked.
So think on before you decide.
Good Luck :D

Oh and by the way- why they offered us an alternative airport with no destination to go to- I will never know- a well known company too and supposed to be professional!
name em' and shame em'!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.