Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
As long as you can proove to your credit card company what your saying is true they will get your money refunded, Ask them for advice.
I have already emailed my credit card company and explained what has gone on and I am awaiting a response.
Its a shame really as the Hotel looked great and just what we was looking for{on a low budget holiday} but now I feel let down and have lost faith in them.
That is a real shame diddly. I certainly dont think they should be allowed to get away with that and hopefully the hotel will sort this to your satisfaction.

I dont really know where you stand on a legal footing and with your credit card especially when you are dealing with Turkey but my gut feeling is they should either honour your booking at the agreed price now your deposit has been taken or they should refund your card .

It might be an idea to also post this in the complaints forum where a broader spectrum of members may be able to help.

good luck
lyn
thats terrible, and i hope you will get a full refund either from the hotel or credit card, make sure you keep all emails as proof, its tricky knowing your rights when dealing with a hotel direct in another country, hopefully this will be sorted amicably, good luck, let us know the outcome

karen
I have received an email from the Hotel this morning (not a very nice one) saying that they will refund the £100 tomorrow( Monday).Why they can't do it today I don't know.Needless to say I won't be rebooking this Hotel through an Agent so its back to the drawing board.
I have looked at a couple of other all inclusives they are a bit more than we wanted to pay but what the heck.
They are Club Majesty Tuana and the Greenland Hotel.I will let you know which I choose.Thanks for all the advice
there are lots of hotel only agencies to look at and cashback sites that can give you an extra 5% etc to look at. ive heard good reports about the tuana but not been there, but ive stayed in letoonia and that was good

check alpharooms

findmeaccom

travel republic

quickrooms
Was it school holidays you wanted diddly . I've been searching for my friend and found accomodation at olu deniz resort for 25th and 29th july with travel republic. Worth a look :) . Also with the co-op

Just found my friend an excellent deal for 2 rooms , 4 adults with direct holidays on 16th july from stansted for £2000 at the olu deniz resort for 1 week . Only found that date available but from what I remember though you have flights booked already havnt you.
Out of curiosity and the fact that I'd never heard of it just been looking at the majesty Tuana . looks really good and a good price even with Thomson . I cant believe i've never spotted it before . The reviews mostly look good as well and there is a huge list of activities/amenenties going on too . My teens would love the beach disco :)

lyn
lynwestie

Never send your credit card details by e-mail its not secure and open to all sorts of security issues
lyn im sure its a few miles from letoonia, as we went past it on route to letoonia hotel , its a bit on its own, but looks good and loads of sites do it, ive even seen it on asda or aldi holiday sites lol
hmm not so many good reports on TA but if it was a bargain I would certainly be tempted for a week . just been looking at it for my friend who is having serious trouble finding any of the decent A/Is in Olu deniz where she wants to go over the summer holidays . It's a bargain with a thomas cook package .
yea maybe its another case of out of season reviews not so good, ive not read the reviews recently but when i was looking to go to letoonia i know then it had good reviews but was dearer, sounds like its gone down then :duh
Hi diddlyidi ....

I am really sorry to hear about your situation and I fully agree with the rest of the members here..and as a hotel owner myself ( in Turkey ) if the price is confimed by both parties..then that is the final price..if the hotel made a mistake after the confirmation between the guest and themselves..it is a mistake that they ( the hotel ) has to live with....I think it is very bad of them to request more money from you after this confirmation has been discussed....however not all hotels in Turkey are committed to maintaining a high standard of business ethics, honesty and integrity ...I certainlly cannot speak for them all..just my own business practises.

And a tip for others..always make sure you have a copy or copies of your discussed emails..when you go to the hotel's in Turkey..then you have proof of your reservation as well as confirmation of costs..

I do hope that you get your money back and do have a great holiday in Turkey..
Just to let everybody know the money has been refunded [slightly less due to the exchange rate].
It seems a shame that that the manager wasn't able to honour the original price quoted as it was a mistake on their part.
I felt disappointed because I was dealing direct with the Hotel in order that they wouldn't have to pay the extra commision charges by using an agent .On this occasion it backfired.
I am still looking for accommodation and we travel a week on Monday but it seems that there is still a lot of availability.
I have narrowed it down to 3 now:
Hotel Aries Calis Beach[can't seem to find any reviews on this hotel though]

Majesty Club Tuana & Park

Greenland Hotel [It looks like they have some newer deluxe rooms and a new pool area which is a bit more expensive]

I have seen another one St Nicholas Lodge hotel-low budget [however mixed reviews]

I am hoping to definitely confiirm something today so will let you know which I have chosen.

Thanks for all the valuable input
Are you looking to stay in one particular resort in that area or are you widening your options?

Karen
Are you looking to stay in one particular resort in that area or are you widening your options?

We are still open to suggestions.Although we did want to try to limit our transfer time to/from airport to maximum 1hr.
well i was looking to book the yell hotel but read so many bad reports i gave up in the end and booked an appartment i think unless you go 5 star the reviews are all bad.
May i make a suggestion?
I know having a beautiful hotel may mean the world to most but i go for the location and holiday!
I just look for the cheapest..i ignore the reviews and i just find somewhere to lay my head.

I have stayedat some very basic hotels but you know what we've had a great time.
We deal with the hotel as little as possible and just go out and have fun.
Our son is 9 now and has never been disapointed because he goes out every day either on a trip or to the beach or to a better hotel for the afternoon with a big pool.
Most of my hotels have cost us £38-65 for all 3 of us!

Don't be a slave to paying extreme prices for a place your only going to sleep in.
Hope this helps you with your desicion.
I actually think its a cheek when people role up at hotels that they are too cheap to pay for and then and bung their towels down like they own the place. No wonder the majority of us can't get beds round the pool. :que
Fortunately most of the hotels I have stayed in the staff would be on the look out for this type of chavvy behaviour.

Whopps just realised this has gone well :offtop sorry mods.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.